Application: shadowbird

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
shadowbird

Application: shadowbird

Post by shadowbird »

Hello

I'm a fan of the Elder Scrolls series and i have played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim so far. This project looks like a great way to learn and i would like to help if there is any place available. The main goal for me with helping out on OpenMW is to learn about the structure of open world games and also improve my C++. OpenMW seems like the most intreseting part for me as i have not done any modding and i'm not that good at GUI and interface design.

So first step of developer checklist completed with this post and next i will move on down the list and try to build the thing :). Let me know if you have anything left to let me help out with :).

Note: There is a small chance that i might add an option in OpenMW that put all cliff racers in the world on spikes that are on fire :twisted: . They still haunt my dreams .
Zini

Re: Application: shadowbird

Post by Zini »

Welcome.

You wrote that you are not good at GUI and interface design. Unfortunately most of our at least somewhat beginner-suitable tasks are on OpenMW-CS now. There isn't much design to do, because I do most of that, but it would still be GUI coding. I can try to find a task for you in this area, if you want to give it a try.

Or you could go through the roadmap and try to find an OpenMW bug to fix instead. But these will be substantially harder.
shadowbird

Post by shadowbird »

I will have a look at the Roadmap when i get the basic things running. Never used Git, OpenSceneGrap or MyGUI so I'm a bit lost in it so far. I do have experience in game development so i should be able to find something i can do at least :).
shadowbird

Post by shadowbird »

It now builds and runs thanks to the information in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3264. Now i will try to look around a little and get the basic layout and read up on git. After that i will try to find something to do in the issue tracker :).