aesylwinn

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Zini

Re: aesylwinn

Post by Zini »

Feel free to assign tasks to yourself on the tracker. You should have the necessary permissions now.
aesylwinn

Post by aesylwinn »

It’s been around nine months since I joined. During that time, I managed to make some progress on the editor. I would like to thank Zini and Scrawl for imparting their knowledge and experience, which helped make that possible. Unfortunately, my interests no longer align with this project. I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and I think it’s time I moved on. Originally I had planned to stick with it until version 1.0 of the editor was released, but my motivation to work on this project has dwindled too much. If anyone's interested, I have a branch on GitHub that has the start of the discussed fixes for marker scaling.

Anyway, it was a pleasure to be a part of this community. Farewell, and good luck.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Don't you dare! :cry:
raevol

Post by raevol »

aesylwinn, can I harass you to tell us a little more about why your interests no longer align with those of the project? I thank you so much for all your work and dedication to the project, and I won't try to talk you into staying, this is all volunteer work after all! But if there is something we can fix about the project that would help prevent developers from leaving in the future, it'd be great to hear.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Your work has been of great help Aeslywinn. You did so much more than I ever expected and I'm happy for how far OpenMW-CS got with your help. I wish you good luck in your future endeavours.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Thanks Aeslywinn for all the hard work! Good luck with your future endeavors! :)
aesylwinn

Post by aesylwinn »

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes.

Raevol, I would say the best way to attract and keep developers is to continue to build up and maintain the OpenMW community. Seeing that others were using OpenMW-CS and getting feedback was my main source of encouragement.
raevol

Post by raevol »

aesylwinn wrote:Raevol, I would say the best way to attract and keep developers is to continue to build up and maintain the OpenMW community. Seeing that others were using OpenMW-CS and getting feedback was my main source of encouragement.
Sounds like a plan. :) Thank you so much again! Hope to see you back in the future. :D
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

Thanks for your work. And don't feel that just because you said you are leaving, that you can't come back. :)