Application: bolein

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
bolein

Application: bolein

Post by bolein »

Hi, everyone.

I'm a big fan of TES series, especially of Morrowind. I'm a junior Android developer with some experience in SDK and strong Java. I was looking at android-port repository and it seems quite lonely in there :( I have a little free time, and I'd love to contribute if someone gives me some tasks and a little help for a start.

Or, if you're good with android, I can try to get around with engine since I have a little C++ experience.
Jyby

Re: Application: bolein

Post by Jyby »

Hi Bolein,

Welcome to the OpenMW forums! We could always use more help, be it testing, developing, debugging, PR etc.

As for Android development I'm not too sure. The core OpenMW team is focusing on the engine and OpenCS.

But, feel free to contribute to any area you'd like; We're an open source project and welcome your ideas and work on a voluntary basis.

Some of the skills/roles I know we really need are (not in any order):

C++, Qt, Open Scene Graph, Software Architects, AI Designer, QA/Testing, Debugging, PR Agents, Morrowind Researchers

Perhaps you can improve your C++ skill set through QA/Testing and later debugging. I recommend you get your development environment setup (look at the wiki and ask questions on the forums or in out IRC #openmw), then look at the commit history and try to understand some of the bugs we've fixed and how/why we fixed them the way we did. Once you're used to building and the semantics of C++, look for a bug in our bug tracker and see what you can find!

Reach out and be active on the forums too!!
bolein

Re: Application: bolein

Post by bolein »

Hey Jyby,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to contact sandstranger somehow and see if he needs any help. If he doesn't, I'll try to figure something out ;)