Any tasks for me?

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
sirherrbatka

Any tasks for me?

Post by sirherrbatka »

I guess everyone knows me already. I have new fast work machine, a little bit of time to spare and obviously want to help with openwm to a some degree. It's been a while, not sure what tasks needs to be done right now. I seek guidance.
dEnigma

Re: Any tasks for me?

Post by dEnigma »

Wooo, welcome back! :mrgreen:
DocClox

Post by DocClox »

Yeah, go fetch me 10 samples of Marshmerrow. There's a farmer to the south of Pelagiad who will probably help you out.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

haha, only serious. It was a year since i contributed to the openmw for the last time. When i left, scrawl hoped that new ogre would bring major performance improvements. Today we already have branch with playable openmw without ogre at all. Many other things changed as well. I simply don't know what is the priority anymore.
DocClox

Post by DocClox »

I know a lady that has a problem with cave rats if that's any better?

Yeah, OK, I know. I'm not helping, am I? ;)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Welcome back!

Not that many tasks left to be honest.

Maybe this one? Requires a somewhat more liberal interpretation of a little bit of time. But it is mostly UI stuff. With your background in OpenMW-CS and Qt you shouldn't have too many problems with it.

On the other hand, if the little bit of time is taken literally, then you probably want something like this.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I will take the first one. I miss working with Qt.
mym
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/mym34

Post by mym »

What about that one: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2404 ?

Vanilla Morrowind partially implements additem to actors but OpenMW don't. So I suppose it should be a required feature for 1.0.
Zini

Post by Zini »

From what I remember we haven't come to a conclusion yet how to handle this issue. Also, pretty tricky and not a nice welcome back present.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

So I got openmw building again, installed morrowind and even tried to run the game (i got 60 fps in exterior, which clearly shows that CPU power is indeed bottleneck (this machine has only integrated intel gpu)).

From what i remember, Qt solves tasks like this with proxy models. However: should we have one common proxy model for both column and record filtering or perhaps we should split this in two (and if yes, why?).