Application: NeveHanter

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
NeveHanter

Application: NeveHanter

Post by NeveHanter »

Hello Guys, 8-)

I'm professional web developer, hobbyist application & game developer. I was programming in C++ from about when I've turned 14 and now I'm 22 years old. Now I spend nearly all my time doing web development, but I can have some spare time to help with OpenMW & OpenCS.

As for my first "unoficially" done task I want to contribute that one:
https://github.com/NeveHanter/openmw/co ... 7b26262a6f
for this OpenCS feature:
https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/831

I've open pull request for it under https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/482 , and I'm registered on OpenMW issue tracker by the same username as in here.

Thanks,
NeveHanter
Ace (SWE)

Re: Application: NeveHanter

Post by Ace (SWE) »

You sound almost like myself, except for the web developer part. Though I think I started C++ when I was 12, grew up with the old game Colobot so programming was simply the only logical next step.

I'll hope to see you around then, though preferrably not in the 'git blame' list for when the windows builds break. ;)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Welcome. And thanks for picking up one of the most unloved tasks on the tracker. I was already starting to think the verifier tasks would never get done.
NeveHanter

Post by NeveHanter »

I'm happy to help as much as possible ;)

@Zini: I can take more of those unloved tasks if needed.
@ACE: I would try not to do so, but everyone knows how Windows "works" :)

Anyway, do we have some strictly development related IRC channel or whatsoever to form sort of communication on development, task assignment, etc.?
Of course besides issue tracker and the forum, and common #openmw IRC.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

NeveHanter wrote: @ACE: I would try not to do so, but everyone knows how Windows "works" :)
I'm wondering why everybody keeps capitalizing my name like that, but I digress.

Nobody gives Windows any love, so I'm left having to do all the necessary satanic rituals.
People have no appreciation for the amount of chalk you use drawing all those pentagrams.

And the virgins are really hard to come by on my budget, I'm just saying...

In all fairness, I understand why most of the developers live on Linux. I would myself if not for the fact I have so many things that simply doesn't work on Linux, wine or not.
I've been planning on getting myself a second graphics card though, so I can do PCI-e passthrough to a Windows VM. Would solve the issue in a neat way.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ace (SWE) wrote:I'm wondering why everybody keeps capitalizing my name like that, but I digress.
I... totally thought it was capitalized like that too... I think it's carried over from the SWE part.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

raevol wrote:
Ace (SWE) wrote:I'm wondering why everybody keeps capitalizing my name like that, but I digress.
I... totally thought it was capitalized like that too... I think it's carried over from the SWE part.
I guess my thoughts about having my nick here on the forum changed to Ananace has its merits then, apart from unifying my nick that is :)
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

@Ace: Well at least I have stopped calling you "Ace Haxalot" on the bug tracker when talking about your nightly builds after you complained about it on the IRC^^ (though there are of course still up to 60 bug reports with "Ace Haxalot" on the tracker since I can't edit them) :mrgreen:
Zini

Post by Zini »

@Zini: I can take more of those unloved tasks if needed.
Yes, please. I would love to get rid of the verifier tasks once and for all.