Application: DFrye333

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
DFrye333

Application: DFrye333

Post by DFrye333 »

Hello OpenMW!

My name is David Frye (handle: DFrye333), and I'm a recent computer science graduate from Washington, USA. I've been a fan of Morrowind since about the time it was released, and I'm hoping that I can contribute to OpenMW!

I have some experience with C++ and OpenGL, through coursework and fiddling with them on my own time. I'm no expert in the areas, but I'm confident that given enough time I can hold my own. I've also got a GitHub profile here.

Is there anything left for a new developer to do these days? It would be rather disappointing if I got here just in time to see OpenMW finished and not be able to contribute at all! I'm OK with working on tasks that are more difficult if that's all that's left, as long as you're all OK with me taking some time to learn to find my way around this large codebase.

Let me know if I can be of help in any way! I'd love to have a hand in developing this awesome project!
Zini

Re: Application: DFrye333

Post by Zini »

Welcome.

OpenMW is not going to stop with 1.0. There are plenty of plans for future feature releases and there will always be new tasks available.

Though admittedly right now we are mostly out of beginners tasks. Any experience with Qt? OpenCS is not as advanced as OpenMW yet and you probably have an easier start there.

Actually, we do have a bunch of tasks left, that only require minimal Qt skills. But they require at least some basic experience with MW modding and strong resilience against boredom.
DFrye333

Post by DFrye333 »

I did some goofing around in the Morrowind CS once upon a time, I've done some light Oblivion CS modding in the past, and I've been using the Skyrim CK quite a bit lately. I'm not sure exactly what sort of Morrowind modding skills you're talking about here, but I don't foresee any problems with me picking up and learning whatever I have to. I'm quite used to that! The same applies to Qt.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay then. How about this one: Editor: References verifier ?

Have a look at apps/opencs/model/tools. There are plenty of examples for verifier implementation in there (the *check.*pp files).
DFrye333

Post by DFrye333 »

Sweet!

I'll get on that shortly and report back with any questions or significant progress updates.

Thanks! :D