Application: oldmanmike

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
oldmanmike

Application: oldmanmike

Post by oldmanmike »

Greetings!

I'm a software engineer/student with some experience in C/C++ (among other things) and would like to assist this great project in some way. I hear (and have experienced through playing) that a majority of the work on the game itself is done already, so I would be happy to work on OpenCS as well. I'm not very experienced in computer graphics, most of my work in C/C++ has been geared towards system programming and parallelism. I have walked through the dev environment setup and aside from the outdated mygui package from the Arch repos, I'm pretty much ready.

Thanks!
Zini

Re: Application: oldmanmike

Post by Zini »

Welcome.

Wanna start with a boring and easy task as a warmup? Editor: References verifier
oldmanmike

Post by oldmanmike »

I'll give it a shot, though I'll have to familiarize myself with the relavent code, architecture, and terminology first.
So something along the lines of referenceablecheck, only this time checking the reference table?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Yes.

I wrote the referenceables verifer so it is probabbly not the brightest example of any excelent C++ code. In fact psi29 noticed that it produces warnings.

I recomend to take a look at other verifers as a reference. Code there is not only better but also shorter and simpler.

Good luck. :)