Application - UbiqBadGuy

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
UbiqBadGuy

Application - UbiqBadGuy

Post by UbiqBadGuy »

Hello all, I'm UbiqBadGuy and I'm interested in joining and helping out with coding tasks!

Morrowind is probably my favorite game of all time and I would really like to be part of solidifying it's legacy in this open source project.

I have a bachelor in Computer Science and my current job is as a programmer analyst but I've always wanted to participate in an open source project while shoring up knowledge gaps in C++ and software (such as github, lol)

I'm in the process of setting up my development environment and look forward to taking on some "simple" tasks to start out with. I understand you guys are nearly completion on 1.0 and probably don't have any real beginner jobs left but I'd like to get acclimatized as soon as I can. I want to be in for the long haul :) (Even if, for some reason, that doesn't work out, I will give you the heads up so projects assigned to me aren't left rotting in dev purgatory)

I'm in the process of a move so while I'll be pouring over this site's history and coding conventions, I will be able to make most of my progress after Feb. 2 when I move in to my own place.
Zini

Re: Application - UbiqBadGuy

Post by Zini »

Welcome.

We are indeed completely out of non-expert tasks for OpenMW. We still have some semi-beginner tasks for OpenCS. How about

* Editor: Threaded loading

or

* Editor: Dialogue for editing/viewing content file meta information

?
UbiqBadGuy

Post by UbiqBadGuy »

I may wind up regretting this (ha!) but I'm interested in tackling threaded loading when I get set up. :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay. The issue description looks complete. Knock yourself out.