Application - John Blomberg

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
fstp

Application - John Blomberg

Post by fstp »

Hi!

I am a software developer by trade (have been working for 2 years now) and when I am not programming at work I try to do some coding in my spare time :). The idea of making Morrowind come alive in an open source engine is really exciting and I hope that I can contribute towards that goal!

I am experienced with C++ and I have a basic understanding of OpenGL, GLSL and game engine architecture in general. I just started to read up on Ogre3D and Bullet so I have alot to learn there as well. I managed to get OpenMW to build in Windows (I am using VS2010) and it seems to be working fine! I have read trough the developer checklist and registered to the forum/issue tracker.

Right now I am looking around in the code and reading about the architecture on the wiki page. If you have any suggestions on tasks that would be suitable for a beginner and to learn more about OpenMW please let me know :)
sirherrbatka

Re: Application - John Blomberg

Post by sirherrbatka »

hi,

OpenMW engine is at the moment in shape where getting something cool done requires some expirence with it. OTOH if you are ready to learn qt you can find your way into the editor. At the moment major force behind it are zini and graffy. Glorf has recently started working on it as well but he had no time to do anything special.

Good luck and have fun.
fstp

Re: Application - John Blomberg

Post by fstp »

Thanks! I will read up on Qt and try to help out with the editor then.