Hello Everyone!

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
galdor557

Hello Everyone!

Post by galdor557 »

I've been lurking around this project for a while because I've always been a huge fan of both FOSS and The Elder Scrolls. I am a sophomore computer science major but I have mostly been learning on my own before I go off to university. I have experience in Python, Lua, C++, Haskell, and Java/Scala, though I'm by no means an expert or even deeply experienced. I would, however, like to contribute to this project if I am able to. I think I'm at the point with my programming where experience with a large code base would help me, and game development is a big interest of mine.

I would really appreciate any nudging in the right direction as far as features or bugs that you all need help with are concerned. I'm at school right now but I am planning on forking the repository and building when I get home, that shouldn't be an issue since I have built it before on another machine. Thank you for your help~

--Britt
sirherrbatka

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by sirherrbatka »

Hi,

first of all http://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title= ... ion_Wanted make sure you complete these steps. Then you will get your first task.

Welcome and good luck!
Zini

Post by Zini »

How about this as a first task: mwgui cleanup ?

Rather big, but not overly complicated. The apps/openmw/mwgui subsystem touches almost every part of OpenMW. Working on it should give you a good start at getting familiar with our codebase.
galdor557

Post by galdor557 »

Yeah that sounds great! I've finished all of the steps so I'll get to coding. If I need any help I'll be sure to pop in to irc. Thank you all for your warm welcome
galdor557

Post by galdor557 »

I have successfully removed the MWBase::WindowManager argument from the widget constructors and replaced every call to mWindowManager with a call to MWBase::Environment::get().getWindowManager.

Would you like me to send a pull request now or when I have finished cleaning up the filenames and include statements?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Multiple pull requests for one feature are okay, as long they are self-contained.