"I don't know if I can help you, but I'll try."

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Andyops

"I don't know if I can help you, but I'll try."

Post by Andyops »

Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself here, I'm an Aussie currently in the 3rd year of my Software Engineering degree, and work full time as a Trainee Programmer at (insert employer name here) working with C++.

I've loved Morrowind ever since my English teacher recommended it to me when I was 13 (I'm 20 now and still listen to the soundtrack at work to get me in "the zone"), and now that I use Linux almost exclusively I'd do anything to bring my favourite game of all time to the platform :)

From what I've read you've had an influx of new developers (blame reddit, it's why I'm here :p) So beginner work is scarce... Luckily I have experience working with 20 year old codebases thanks to my job; So I'm sure that given enough time I can settle in :)

Nice to meet you all, I have a feeling that you and I are about to become very close :twisted:

Andrew. :)
sirherrbatka

Re: "I don't know if I can help you, but I'll try."

Post by sirherrbatka »

Hi! Check this: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=734

And WELCOME!
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

Hey there,
what an awesome english teacher you had, I only have bad memories of mine :)!
We had an amazing influx around christmas but I think all of them who had no real experience with c++ gave up (at least that's what I'm assuming, since I hear nothing anymore from them), so i guess there are some unfinished jobs left. If you are a windows developer you might have some problem setting your build up, there's a thread going on for that because the wiki is not up-to-date. If you manage to set it up as a windows dev, congratulations, few of the new devs have come this far :). If you managed to build up your environment in windows, please help filling up the gaps in the instructions mentioned in the thread, it's still a WIP.
And again I almost forgot...
Welcome, hope you'll enjoy your stay!
lazydev

Post by lazydev »

Zedd wrote:If you are a windows developer you might have some problem setting your build up, there's a thread going on for that because the wiki is not up-to-date. If you manage to set it up as a windows dev, congratulations, few of the new devs have come this far :).
It is easier to win in russian roulette six times in a row than to set up windows environment.
I think we need an installation wizard, which can install all required libraries to correct paths and do all other work...
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

lazydev wrote:
Zedd wrote:If you are a windows developer you might have some problem setting your build up, there's a thread going on for that because the wiki is not up-to-date. If you manage to set it up as a windows dev, congratulations, few of the new devs have come this far :).
It is easier to win in russian roulette six times in a row than to set up windows environment.
I think we need an installation wizard, which can install all required libraries to correct paths and do all other work...
Took me about a day... (I was at work and had little pauses along the way, so in reality was it an hour to setup plus install of OS) but I got a dev environment running in a qemu/kvm winxp. Wasn't that hard.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1249&p=14525#p14525
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

BrotherBrick wrote: Wasn't that hard.
:lol:
Spoiler: Show