Hello Everyone

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Zereo

Hello Everyone

Post by Zereo »

Hello, you can call me Zereo I know its a wierd name but I have used this handle for 8 years now and I'm not going to stop now :twisted: . Anyways I would just like to introduce myself. I just recently read a thread about this open source project on cplusplus.com and it seems very interesting to me. I've always been a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series and this seemed like the perfect open source project for me to join to push my programming to the next level. I have been programming for about 2 through 3 months now, so I would still be classified as a beginner but i'm more then willing to learn.

My current skills are

C++ - I have a good understanding of the basics of the language (Classes, Functions, Control Structures, ect). And at the moment I'm starting to get a deeper understanding of Object Oriented Programming by reading a few new books on the subjects.

Direct 3D and DirectX - Right now when it comes to directX I have a decent understanding of how the API works. I'm currently reading through a book on directX, and also have a very simple 2D tank game thats about halfway complete. I'm probably not ready for 3D graphics just yet, but I'm more then willing to research them and learn.

OpenGL - My knowledge on OpenGL is very limited, I have messed around with it acouple of times, but I put most of my concentration on learning DirectX.

So I just wanted to introduce myself and I'm hoping to dive into some beginner projects for openMW. If any of the team leaders has any beginner level coding that needs to be done and you think I would be a good canidate for please feel free to contract me. At the moment I'm lucky enough to have a full time job so I wont be able to contribute a lot of time to the project, but when I do have spare time I would be more then willing to dedicate it to this.
Zini

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Zini »

As usual I point you towards the new developer checklist (see pinned thread in this forum).

And again as usual we are short on beginners task. These are the best I could find:

* Apply weather instantly when teleporting
* Do not break container window formatting when item names are very long (requires reading up on MyGUI)
* Unify case smashing/folding
raevol

Post by raevol »

I like your name! It's a cross between Oreo and Zero! :D
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

welcome,

We are friendly, open and united community! I hope that you will be happy with us, allow us to bring openmw-dream to 1.0.0. I wish you luck with improving your skills and know-how as well.
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

Welcome! Nice Handle, I too have been using mine for many years. 8-)
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I've been using my handle since Freshman year of High School, so going on 7 years now. It's starting to get awkward/inappropriate to use in more and more situations :D .

Also, geeze, a guy who has been programming for only a few months wants to help out. I've got to get off of my ass and code something. Maybe after exams I'll ask for a task.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

My handle's been in use since I was a hormonal teenager who thought ninjas and Dragon Ball Z were awesome (like 13 years ago). It was supposed to be Green Dojo, my favorite color and the name for a school of martial arts. I believe this was back when I still had AOL... Anyway, it stuck for who knows why, through all these years. My misspelling containing "dog" led to my avatar being a green dog. Which I'm pleased with now that I am an old fart.

Welcome to the forums Zereo! Your handle is pretty awesome!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Greendogo wrote:My handle's been in use since I was a hormonal teenager who thought ninjas and Dragon Ball Z were awesome (like 13 years ago). It was supposed to be Green Dojo, my favorite color and the name for a school of martial arts. I believe this was back when I still had AOL... Anyway, it stuck for who knows why, through all these years. My misspelling containing "dog" led to my avatar being a green dog. Which I'm pleased with now that I am an old fart.

Welcome to the forums Zereo! Your handle is pretty awesome!
That's a pretty funny story. My avatar is me looking like a ninja/terrorist like 4 years ago.
Also, are you trying to tell me that DBZ isn't still awesome?
Do you follow Team Four Star and "DBZ Abridged"? It is quite hilarious. If you haven't I recommend going to their website, starting at episode one, and watching as many of them as possible in a row.
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

Mine was supposed to be my initials except i tacked on an extra J for no real reason.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

WeirdSexy wrote:Also, are you trying to tell me that DBZ isn't still awesome?
Do you follow Team Four Star and "DBZ Abridged"? It is quite hilarious. If you haven't I recommend going to their website, starting at episode one, and watching as many of them as possible in a row.
Of course DBZ is still awesome! :D I am still upset that Toonami doesn't exist (at least in its original form) anymore. I was not aware of DBZ Abridged. It seems like it could be pretty entertaining.