Hello world

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
drpaneas

Hello world

Post by drpaneas »

Hello <world> guys,

I am pretty amazed with your project, simply put, playing Elder Scrolls in Linux is a dream come true for the majority of tux gamers around the globe. I am here because I think I can help. I study as Automation Engineer, currently doing my thesis on Face Detection using SMVs (it's more like machine learning stuff and computer vision) although I know C/C++ pretty well and I think I can improve my knowledge contributing to OpenMW. Unfortonatelly I have no experience with graphics, like Ogre stuf BUT I am willing to learn. If you have any good tutorials in mind drop me a PM ;)

I have Linux, Windows and Mac systems and lot's of hardware. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your time, your devotion and your true spirit of "hacker" that still burns in this board. Give me a task :) Baby steps first please, in order to get familiar with the project :)
ElderTroll

Re: Hello world

Post by ElderTroll »

Another new developer! Great to have you. As a layperson I still feel confident to say that there is a lot of engine work that is not graphics related. As zini always says with all new coders, take a look at the developers checklist http://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title= ... ion_Wanted

zini come through to get you started, but first and foremost is follow the steps of the developer checklist.

After that take a look at the roadmap http://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/roadmap

You'll probably should look at tasks for 0.19.0, but some unfinished tasks from 0.18.0 will get moved into 0.19.0.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Hello! :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Welcome. The link to the new developer checklist has already been posted. Once you are done with that, we can try to find you your first task.
Zini

Post by Zini »

As first task (just for warm up) how about this: Add a FailedAction
drpaneas

Post by drpaneas »

Zini wrote:As first task (just for warm up) how about this: Add a FailedAction
I've just come back from the dentist and man ... OUCH !!! Painkillers ftw!
I will start asap with my first task!

PS1: Bare in mind that the confirmation link bugs [at] openmw was sent in my Gmail SPAM folder...
PS2: I don't know if this is an issue or not, my OpenMW page says I have no assigments -- "Issues assigned to me (0)"

Thanks guys :)
Last edited by drpaneas on 26 Sep 2012, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

drpaneas wrote:PS2: I don't know if this is an issue or not, my =https://bugs.openmw.org/my/page]OpenMW page says I have no assigments -- "Issues assigned to me (0)"

Thanks guys :)
You're now in developers group in bugtracker, so you can assign that task yourself :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Was waiting for you to confirm that you wanted the task, before I assign it to you. Anyway, assigned now. Have fun!
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Welcome aboard!
Σαν στο σπίτι σου. ;)
drpaneas

Post by drpaneas »

Hehe thanks !! It seems you're a nice company here :) do you have any irc or something to chat with each other? You see, this is my first task and I don't know from where to start. So I will need some guidenence throuh my first task. Thanks again!