Application for Programming Contribution

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
morerunes

Application for Programming Contribution

Post by morerunes »

Hello,

My name is Aaron. I am a student studying computer science at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, and I have worked on multiple projects written in C, Java, Scheme, and Groovy.

You can see some of the personal coding projects I have done at https://github.com/morerunes, but considering that I have only recently started using GitHub, not all of my code is on there.

C++ is similar to C and Java, and I've coded a bit of it before, so I know the basics (namespaces, destroying dynamic variables, etc), but I've never worked on something this extensive.

I am currently employed at a software company working with Java/Grails applications/web services. I am proficient with Windows systems, and use linux on an almost daily basis.

I am looking to help contribute to the code base, and I am willing to learn. I like writing File IO stuff, so if there's anything in that department that needs doing I'd love to look into it. I'm really looking to build up a portfolio, and I'm willing to help with anything that is within or near my skill level.

-edit-

It appears I put this in the wrong subforum, and likewise missed the sticky post about joining the dev team. I found it now, and am going through it.
ElderTroll

Re: Application for Programming Contribution

Post by ElderTroll »

We could have someone move this topic to the correct subforum, but it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you're here. So welcome! Let us know when you have everything setup or if you run into some trouble, post on the support subforum.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

ElderTroll wrote:We could have someone move this topic to the correct subforum, but it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you're here. So welcome! Let us know when you have everything setup or if you run into some trouble, post on the support subforum.
Done, and welcome morerunes :)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

*SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS!* ;-)

Hi! Nice to see another programmer who wants to join.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Have a look at the pinned thread at the top of this forum. Once you have worked through the new developer checklist, we can talk about your first task.