Some direction

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
vikingfenn

Some direction

Post by vikingfenn »

I found you guys through a post on Reddit (i think) and watched one of your youtube videos. I'd like to help contribute if possible. I have 2 years of c/c++ experience and i'm very familiar with Morrowind.

I just built the latest code from github and ran it. I was put into the Beshara cell with no collision, at what i believe is the origin. The ~ key doesn't bring up the console. Is this all normal? From what I can tell in the terminal, all 3 .esm files loaded correctly, and outdoors appears to load just fine. The water is looking awesome by the way. I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 if that could be an issue.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Some direction

Post by lgromanowski »

vikingfenn wrote:The ~ key doesn't bring up the console. Is this all normal?
Welcome :) You need to reassign this key in settings menu.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Actually only 1 esm file is loading. We can't handle multiple esx files yet. Physics are off by default, but can be enabled from the console.

As usual I direct new developers to our new developer checklist. See the link in the pinned thread in this forum. Once you are done with that, we can try to find you a first task.
vastonsmith

Post by vastonsmith »

I can't really think how to describe my knowledge of C++, I know pointers, I'm not great with them, and I've never played around with processes or threads. I've had fun doing (limited) work with shaders in OpenGL (mostly through the Blender Game Engine, cause it has a low threshold to get to the point where you're playing with shaders). I work as a web developer building a Content Management System with PHP / Javascript / Mongo ( HTML / CSS ), so I'm practice with programming, but I haven't used C++ (or any non-scripting languages) much in the last year or so. I have lots of time I'm willing to devote to this project at the present. I have setup a development environment and built OpenMW and played around with the code a little bit. I'm Carl Maxwell on the issue tracker, I go by Modred or Modred11 everywhere else.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Do you have any experience with MW modding?

We are still missing verifier implementations for several record types in OpenMW-CS. This requires only basic C++ skills, but needs a good understanding of the MW content file data structure (.esp/.esm).

Edit: Can someone please split this thread? Normally we have one thread per person.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

It's a spam bot. The text was copied from viewtopic.php?f=22&t=886
The one-word signature and reviving years old threads is usually the dead giveaway.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

scrawl wrote:It's a spam bot. The text was copied from viewtopic.php?f=22&t=886
The one-word signature and reviving years old threads is usually the dead giveaway.
It came from Redstation hosting - I've banned their IP range. Thanks for reporting it.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

scrawl wrote:It's a spam bot. The text was copied from viewtopic.php?f=22&t=886
I just don't get what people get from having a spam bot behave in this way. It's not driving clicks somewhere, is it?