Any work for me?

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Manbeardo

Any work for me?

Post by Manbeardo »

Hey all,

I just discovered this project and I'd love to contribute! I'm a recent CS graduate from a small liberal arts college and I have a little more than a month before I move to Seattle and start my first real job as an SDE at Amazon.com. C++ is my strongest language and I've been using it for the last 2.5 years. I also have a little background in physics and I have a decent amount of exposure to RTR techniques, 3D math, and OpenGL, but I've never applied that knowledge to production code. Is there any area where you might suggest I start hacking away?
Zini

Re: Any work for me?

Post by Zini »

You should start with the new developer checklist (link in the pinned thread in this forum).

We can't offer you any rendering related tasks at this time, but how about these:

* Add a FailedAction
* ESMStore rework and cleanup
Manbeardo

Post by Manbeardo »

I'll take a look at the ESMStore cleanup task.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Welcome Manbeardo! Were you able to get everything development wise set up?

I'm originally from Washington. I think you'll love Seattle. You got to try to the Seattle Deli (they sell wonderful/huge vietnamese sandwiches for $2.50), honey hole sandwich, bimbo's bitchin burrito kitchen, and some of the Ethiopian restaurants.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I'll second trying some of the Ethiopian restaurants around Seattle. That's a damn neat city.
raevol

Post by raevol »

ElderTroll wrote:You got to try to the Seattle Deli (they sell wonderful/huge vietnamese sandwiches for $2.50), honey hole sandwich, bimbo's bitchin burrito kitchen, and some of the Ethiopian restaurants.
You had me at Vietnamese, but then it just kept getting better. Bimbo's Bitchin' Burrito Kitchen? Genius....
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

ElderTroll wrote:...they sell wonderful/huge vietnamese sandwiches for $2.50...
Too beaucoup!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGOJ1_kcI8
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Goog luck with the task!
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Yeah, Bimbo's is wonderful. I miss latino food. I think I may have scared off Manbeardo. Starting a thread in the off topic forum about food.