OpenMW 0.18.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
scrawl

Re: OpenMW 0.18.0

Post by scrawl »

jbo_85 wrote:OpenMW is crashing on Windows 7 64 bit if you go into the race menu through "enableracemenu" and press ESC twice, using the latest master.

It's crashing in "apps/openmw/mwrender/characterpreview.cpp" in the destructor "~CharacterPreview" because mAnimation is 0xBAADF00D (aka uninitialized memory).
Well this has been fixed, so we should probably make the last round of RCs.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Right. The new Linux build should already have this fix. Probably worth a bit more testing, though I don't expect anything more to break.
corristo

Post by corristo »

@Zini:
Go ahead with release.

@raevol:
add please known issue to release announcement: "Launcher can crash on OS X versions < 10.8, will be fixed in 0.19"

@trikorder:
I've found crash similar to yours: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/brows ... y-tabpanel
Zini

Post by Zini »

No one has started yelling about new problems yet, so I tagged the master branch. Release, please!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

PR people don't forget to mention the Steam group :D I want 1,000 members before v1.0!
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Ah well, Windows release builds can be found at:

32-Bit
64-Bit
raevol

Post by raevol »

Hey guys. I am going to be out of town starting Wednesday night, so just in case I can't do the release tomorrow at work, if someone wants to pick up where I leave off with this release, feel free! I'm pasting the draft of the release announcement below, once it is approved here is what I usually do:

- Rewrite the draft in HTML, BBCode, and plaintext versions
- Upload linux32binary, linux64binary, win32, win64, OSX, and source packages to our Google Code page, with appropriate tags (see how they are now, current release gets featured, old release un-featured)
- Post on the openmw.org blog
- Post on the facebook
- Post on the twitter

Hopefully the draft gets approved before tomorrow and I can do the release while at work, but there it is just in case! The accounts for posting to the facebook and twitter are in a google doc that ap0 can share with whoever may need to do those tasks. Also ap0, I am only shared the old document, not the new spreadsheet, can you add me to that?

Here's the announcement draft:
The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.18.0! Release packages for Ubuntu are now available via our Launchpad PPA (https://launchpad.net/~openmw/+archive/openmw). Release packages for other platforms are available on our Download page (https://code.google.com/p/openmw/downloads/list). This version introduces a myriad of new features, including Level-Up, Key re-binding, Spell buying, eating ingredients, using Keys to open things, and much more. Read on for the full changelog.

WeirdSexy stars again, in our 0.18.0 release video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdEThh8efGs

Known Issues:
- The launcher can crash on OS X versions < 10.8, this will be fixed in version 0.19.0
- "Shaking screen effect" can occur on cell change

Changelog:
- Implemented Level-Up dialog
- Implemented Hide Marker, fixes big black blocks
- Implemented Hotkey dialog
- Implemented Keyboard and Mouse bindings, input system rewritten
- Implemented Spell Buying Window
- Added support for handling resources across multiple data directories
- Implemented Object Movement/Creation script instructions
- Initial AI framework implemented
- Implemented eating Ingredients
- Implemented Door markers on the local map
- Implemented using Keys to open doors/containers
- Implemented Loading screens
- Implemented Inventory avatar image and race selection head preview (note that only default Dunmer male displays at the moment)
- Fixed the size of Preferences menu buttons
- Fixed Hand-to-hand always being 100
- Fixes for NPC and character animation
- Fix for sound coordinates
- Fix for exception when drinking self-made potions
- Fix for clothes showing up in 1st person
- Fix for weird character on door tooltips
- Collision fixes
- Fix for "onOfferButtonClicked" crash
Not including these in the log, unless someone has strong opinions otherwise!
Feature #370: Target handling in actions
Bug #373: Static OGRE build faulty
Bug #375: Alt-tab toggle view
Bug #376: Screenshots are disable
Last edited by raevol on 01 Oct 2012, 00:06, edited 2 times in total.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Well, you're missing the "t" on "default" and Dunmer is a proper noun in my opinion :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

WeirdSexy wrote:Well, you're missing the "t" on "default" and Dunmer is a proper noun in my opinion :D
Edited, thanks boss. :)
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Don't forget about posting news in Steam and on ModDB. Also don't be afraid to spam all of your friends with invites to the group :D, that's how I brought 9 people.
Awareness needs to be raised all the time.