Non-Coding Contributors

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Non-Coding Contributors

Post by Zini »

In the last half year or so we acquired a large number of non-coding contributors. Our great PR team, our trusty release manager and more recently researchers. I think these people deserve to be properly credited both on the team page and in the readme file.

There were a few attempts at this. but in its current state the lists are outdated. Do we get any volunteers to maintain them (preferably someone from the ranks of our established non-coding contributors)? I will still maintain the list of coding contributors.

The task would involve keeping track of new contributors (only add them after they actually have contributed something), make sure they are listed in a way that is acceptable to them (don't publish the real name without asking first) and then update both the team page and the readme file in the github repository.

Please note that you can do simple editing of repository files without installing git; purely through a web interface on github.
ElderTroll

Re: Non-Coding Contributors

Post by ElderTroll »

We can start compiling a list. Folks can add a post with their information.

Nickname
ElderTroll

Position

Recruitment and Public Relations

Status
Active
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

It would be nice to allow the PR team to edit the Team page :)

Maybe we should have a CREDIT.TXT file, otherwise, the README.txt one will became bloated.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Maybe we should have a CREDIT.TXT file, otherwise, the README.txt one will became bloated.
Done.
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

I have updated the credits.txt file, and sent you a pull request.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I don't see any.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay, there it is.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

You might want to add that Nicolay Korslund is also the progenitor of OpenMW? That's kind of an important note, don't you think?
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

I agree with greendogo.