Windows Builds for most recent Master branch

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
scrawl

Re: Windows Builds for most recent Master branch

Post by scrawl »

Could you please make a build of https://github.com/scrawl/openmw/branch ... oundwindow , I'm hoping this solves the D3D fullscreen problems, if it doesn't then I am clueless.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

scrawl wrote:Could you please make a build of https://github.com/scrawl/openmw/branch ... oundwindow , I'm hoping this solves the D3D fullscreen problems, if it doesn't then I am clueless.
Well, the build solved the issue when I tried it. 32-bit build of the openmw binary can be found here if you want to test it yourself.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Well I dont have windows so I'll just take your word for it and send it to zini.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

So, since I noticed the particles had been merged, you get to have some new windows builds.

Can be found at the links in the first post, also here if you don't want to go looking for them;
Ace (SWE) wrote: Image
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Nice, thanks Ace!
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

I get no UI whatsoever.
Don't know if it's due to scrawls "shader based MyGUI render"/some Windows bug, something with your installation package or something locally here.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Lazaroth wrote:I get no UI whatsoever.
Don't know if it's due to scrawls "shader based MyGUI render"/some Windows bug, something with your installation package or something locally here.
Switch the rendering subsystem to OpenGL from the launcher. DirectX doesn't seem to play well with shader based MyGUI.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

@Ace: could you build my boostfix branch?
There were some people reporting problems running the launcher with a Russian Windows version. I'm hoping this fixed that problem. It would be nice if one of you guys could test it for me.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

pvdk wrote:@Ace: could you build my boostfix branch?
There were some people reporting problems running the launcher with a Russian Windows version. I'm hoping this fixed that problem. It would be nice if one of you guys could test it for me.
Building and uploading new builds from that branch now, the 64-bit version is already uploaded.

Edit: 32-Bit build is now uploaded as well.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Thanks Ace, n̶o̶w̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶u̶s̶s̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶s̶.

UPDATE: Just tested it myself with a cyrillic username, the launcher crashes. Also, I can't run the installer when the username is cyrillic and uninstalling doesn't remove the files.