Facebook

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Facebook

Post by ElderTroll »

Anybody here really love facebook? Would anyone like to flesh out the OpenMW facebook page? It would be really awesome if we could get a timeline going of all the releases with photos, videos, and changelogs. I don't have a personal fb page so I'm having to learn all this stuff that I would rather not have to learn.
WeirdSexy

Re: Facebook

Post by WeirdSexy »

Haha, I feel you. I got rid of my profile some time ago. To me, the site's a cesspool. But, a useful cesspool for public relations I suppose. I hope someone answers your call.
raevol

Post by raevol »

I'll do it! Did you make one already? Or should I make one?
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Bless you, bless you raevol! Here's the page www.facebook.com/pages/OpenMW/ "like" it or friend me and then I'll add you as an owner so you can edit it. I'm downloading the youtube video for 0.13.0 and adding it to the timeline, but that's about it. Because of the rerouting of the old webpage to the new one, I can't get to the old images, but that's okay. I'll do some minor help beautifying the page if you want to do the brunt of the work.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Check yo' PMs. :D I'll take a big stab at this tomorrow, gotta get to sleep soon.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

I just saw your post about the new job. I think I was being a little overly dramatic about my hatred and the complexity of Facebook. I can help set things up on the timeline, but how about we say you are the default fb man with future updates and with the final say about style and such?

Again, congrats on the job. It's really important to have a job that you like.
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

Please update the wiki about this : http://openmw.org/wiki/index.php?title=Web_Presence
raevol

Post by raevol »

ap0: Thanks for the reminder.

Elder: I should have enough time to work on the FB page, though any help is much appreciated. Your plan sounds good.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Interested in this, guys make it happen :geek: