OpenMW 0.14.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.14.0

Post by Zini »

All after OpenMW 0.13.0 cleanup done; as well as the switch to OGRE 1.8.

I am awaiting your pull requests. If I get too many at once, processing them may take a bit longer (we really have a lot of (nearly-) finished feature branches this time).
hircine

Post by hircine »

Zini, should I create a new thread on my Inventory/Container progress (its slow, because I am not that skilled) ?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Sure.
Zini

Post by Zini »

With the editor finally getting into the hot phase, it is becoming more important to get record saving to work.

This is a very monotonous task, but it means a lot of work and any kind of screw-up will hurt the project badly (when tackling this task, some kind of automated testing should be added to lower the chance of such a screw-up).

This task has been on the roadmap for a while but no one has taken it yet. Seems unpopular for strange reasons. Any chance anyone is changing his mind about it?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I suppose I could try my hands at it, seeing as nobody else seems to wants to do record saving.
I just hope the task isn't cursed...
Zini

Post by Zini »

Nah. It's actually pretty harmless. Just very boring.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

*Phew*
Anyway, should I create a set of save<whatever> classes or just add a save function to the load<whatever> ones that already exist?
And on that matter, is all the data that needs to be saved contained in those files, or are there any cases where I have to read the data from somewhere else?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Continuing this discussion in a separate thread.
Zini

Post by Zini »

It's been almost two weeks since the last release. I think we should slowly start wrapping it up for the next set of RCs.

We definitely want to wait on clothing and armour rendering, but I suspect it won't take long. There are a few minor features that might get ready in time too, but we have a lot of new material already. Any further large changes should probably wait until 0.15.0.

Are there still sound issues to take care of? Are there any other issues that I am not aware of?
Rebel-Rider

Post by Rebel-Rider »

Sound issues there are one major and one minor issue

Major issue: The ear splitting Ghostgate/Fence issue

Minor Issue: Sound manager sometimes exeeding the limit for number of soundsamples some soundcards can handle. this is reported to happen at Ghostgate/fence and in Vivec

Chris is looking into it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graphics

Sail on boats sometimes turn transparent, depending on viewing angle.

Texture blending near waterline arround vivec is bad in spesific places, very sharp transitions.

Outside waterlevel seems to be a bit to high, water is breaking the ground surface in some locations it`s not supposed to.