A few questions about console commands

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
WeirdSexy

A few questions about console commands

Post by WeirdSexy »

Hey all,

I know v. 0.13.0 is a ways away. But, I was thinking that if I were to make a video for it once it's out, I'd like to make it a bit nicer than the last. I'll do a bit more thought-out cinematography and use more professional microphone.

I'm wondering a few things that would help me out:
-Is there a way to control the camera speed?
-Is there a way to change the rate that time passes in-game?

I searched the wiki for supported command functions, but I did not find a way to do any of these things. It might be the case that these are not supported, or I might have been looking in the wrong place or forgetting something.

Thanks for your input.
Zini

Re: A few questions about console commands

Post by Zini »

I know v. 0.13.0 is a ways away
Not really. Two more features that are already at 80-90% need to be finished up (water and NPC dialogues). Then we can have a release.
Nope.
Yes. Enter the following line into the console:
Set timescale to x
where x is some integer value. Larger x make the time pass faster.

You can also set the time of day:
Set GameHour to x
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:Two more features that are already at 80-90% need to be finished up (water and NPC dialogues). Then we can have a release.
\o/
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Zini wrote:
I know v. 0.13.0 is a ways away
Not really. Two more features that are already at 80-90% need to be finished up (water and NPC dialogues). Then we can have a release.
Nope.
Yes. Enter the following line into the console:
Set timescale to x
where x is some integer value. Larger x make the time pass faster.

You can also set the time of day:
Set GameHour to x
Thanks! Glad to hear about the progress towards release.

For 0.13.0, would you guys like a shorter video showing just what is new in 0.13.0 or a longer video showing everything that OpenMW is capable of at this point (making notes of what is new in 0.13.0)?

Since 0.11.0 didn't have a demo video and previous releases were a little while ago, I thought it might be a nice thing to make a sort-of "OpenMW summary" video to bring everyone whom hasn't been paying attention to every release up to speed with one video.

Thoughts?
raevol

Post by raevol »

@WeirdSexy, I think 0.13 is going to have enough user visible features to do a video just on the release. In a few more releases I think we are going to be ready to do a sort of overall promo video, which I posted about in another thread.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Raevol, sounds good. If we see item equipping in 0.13, does that mean we will see clothed NPCs or does that rely on something else?

I ask because I saw that item equipping is a task for 0.13, but Zini said that NPC clothing would be tricky in your promo thread but that he still saw it happening in 0.14.

I think once there is Object, Terrain, Water, and Sky rendering with clothed, animated NPCs and creatures, it would definitely be a good time for an overall promo.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Raevol, sounds good. If we see item equipping in 0.13, does that mean we will see clothed NPCs or does that rely on something else?
More likely in 0.14.0. So far we only have the backend and also NPCs don't have auto-equip yet, so they never wear anything.
I think once there is Object, Terrain, Water, and Sky rendering with clothed, animated NPCs and creatures, it would definitely be a good time for an overall promo.
Agreed.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Cool, well I'll be waiting for 0.14 then :)
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

EDIT: Nevermind, stupid question. Feel free to delete this thread.

Is there a way a way to disable/mute music while keeping all other sounds active?
As far as I know, there wasn't a command for this in original Morrowind anyway.
Anything I can do besides replacing of the the music files with silent ones?
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

WeirdSexy wrote:Is there a way a way to disable/mute music while keeping all other sounds active?
As far as I know, there wasn't a command for this in original Morrowind anyway.
Anything I can do besides replacing of the the music files with silent ones?
Atm? Rename your music folder so the game can't find it or use silent tracks. All other solutions include messing with the code right now.