Twitter Account

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Twitter Account

Post by ElderTroll »

Nicolay gave me the password to the twitter account. So if someone wants to take control of that please pm me.

He also said,
(And in case you didn't
know you can set up github to post commits automatically, in
Admin->Service Hooks->Twitter.)
Zini

Re: Twitter Account

Post by Zini »

Thanks, but rather pointless IMHO. From what I remember this would only send commits in the master branch of my repository to twitter. Since Nico's departure we have started to use the capabilities of git to a much larger degree, which also means that rarely ever anything happens in this branch. And when something happens, then it is several dozen commit at a time, which seems to hit a posting limit on twitter and therefore most of the updates would be lost anyway.
raevol

Post by raevol »

ElderTroll wrote:Nicolay gave me the password to the twitter account. So if someone wants to take control of that please pm me.
PMed like woah.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Hey all, the current name of the twitter is openmw_commits. Is everyone ok if I change it to just OpenMW, and use it for more general social networking, instead of commits? Twitter supports changing your account name, so it can be done!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Github has rss feed for commits.
raevol

Post by raevol »

sir_herrbatka wrote:Github has rss feed for commits.
My thought exactly.
Zini

Post by Zini »

See my post above. It's mostly useless, since we changed the way how we use git a lot since Nico's days. The account would be silent most of the time, with occasional huge loads of commit message that most likely exceed automatic posting limits on Twitter.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Alright, I'm gonna make it a normal Social Network account then. :D

Edit: Re-activated: www.twitter.com/OpenMW_org
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I think that if is someone would want to get fresh news rss feed is the way to go.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Btw everyone, if you are a dev or otherwise a member of the team, and @openmw_project is not already following you, let me know your twitter handle, so I can follow you!