Star-Demon's 0.12.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
WeirdSexy

Re: Star-Demon's 0.12.0

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thank you Zini, I will look into the crashing when I am done with class today. My system is heavily overclocked but I have never had any stability issues. I will try lowering my clocks to see if that that is the problem. Have people had any problems with Radeon HD 4000 series GPUs?

I was using the 64-bit version of OMW on 64-bit Win-7.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Ok, so I made a video. I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing you're looking for, and my narration is certainly not the quality of Star-Demon's. I will upload it to my YouTube account as a link-only video so you guys can see if you even want to use it or if I should do it over.

But how would it get uploaded to the official channel?

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ822EEZ9K8, let me know what you think.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Did you figure out what was going wrong before?
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Just watched the video. Very nice job!!! A little short but you summed up the features and showed everything off along with interesting commentary :D
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

jhooks1 wrote:Did you figure out what was going wrong before?
I will warn you that I am not sober before I type this.

Nope, it was sort of just one of those miracle "well, today it works" sort of deals.
I just closed all my other open programs (I might have had a music player running in the background last time) and disabled some unnecessary processes under windows. Maybe there was a conflict somewhere in there, maybe there wasn't.

Anyway
jhooks1 wrote:Just watched the video. Very nice job!!! A little short but you summed up the features and showed everything off along with interesting commentary :D
Thank you! I am sorry again about my harsh "ess"'s, that's partly just my voice and partly the microphone I was using. I tried a few trick to minimize it but I couldn't seem to eliminate them. I know it was kindof short, but I was trying to be as brief as possible so that the footage itself wouldn't start to bore them. I only had the animations loop basically to show them and they were about to run out. Besides, many people have already seen videos of the animations. I also was running out of things to say and I'm not a particularly talented speaker.

But hey, if you liked it then I'm glad and would be happy for it to be used as promotion of v0.12.0! Just let me know what to do as far as getting it uploaded to the right channel. Thanks! :)

PS: if you want to hear more of my spectacular voice (and my friend's) and like Halo machinima, there is a video called "Flagman machinima" on my channel that some of you might find funny.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

@WeirdSexy: Great work on the the video. I'm glad OpenMW started working for your again. I liked the part of the video where you stepped outside the room to see all the NPCs.

Please go to the settings page of the video and choose the option under License: "Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)". It'll allow me to use a button called "Remix this video!". It opens the video in YouTube's own editor and I'll be able to mirror it on the official channel. This is a request to anyone making videos.

For 0.13.0 sound more excited (which will probably happen because there are several big visible additions) and pretend you're an expert about the new features. The other suggestion would be to move your mouse a little slower and smoother. Some of the turns are a little intense as a viewer.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

ElderTroll wrote:@WeirdSexy: Great work on the the video. I'm glad OpenMW started working for your again. I liked the part of the video where you stepped outside the room to see all the NPCs.

Please go to the settings page of the video and choose the option under License: "Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)". It'll allow me to use a button called "Remix this video!". It opens the video in YouTube's own editor and I'll be able to mirror it on the official channel. This is a request to anyone making videos.

For 0.13.0 sound more excited (which will probably happen because there are several big visible additions) and pretend you're an expert about the new features. The other suggestion would be to move your mouse a little slower and smoother. Some of the turns are a little intense as a viewer.
Ok, will do sir. And wait, are you saying you want me to do the video over, or you're saying "when you do the video for 0.13"? Which, I'll be glad to do a video for 0.13.0 when it's out! but, I just didn't know if you meant it like that. Suggestions noted!
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

No need to redo the video for 0.12.0. Yeah the suggestions were for 0.13.0.
raevol

Post by raevol »

@WeirdSexy, great job on the video! It's awesome!

For the "ESSS'S", try putting your finger in front of your mouth, between your mouth and the mic, in a sort of "shh" position. Depending on your mic it may not work, but it might. That harsh sound you are hearing is from the sudden expulsion of direct air from your mouth when you make an S or T noise, and putting your finger there should deflect the direct air-stream without muffling your voice. Old trick I learned while studying film in school. But again, depending on your mic, may not work...
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

raevol wrote:@WeirdSexy, great job on the video! It's awesome!

For the "ESSS'S", try putting your finger in front of your mouth, between your mouth and the mic, in a sort of "shh" position. Depending on your mic it may not work, but it might. That harsh sound you are hearing is from the sudden expulsion of direct air from your mouth when you make an S or T noise, and putting your finger there should deflect the direct air-stream without muffling your voice. Old trick I learned while studying film in school. But again, depending on your mic, may not work...
Thanks, yes I'm aware of that tip and I tried various positions for the microphone. But, it's a low quality headset microphone. Also, I just have a problem with "ess"s in my speech. But in future videos, I have some more professional recording equipment that I will set up and use where the problem is much less noticeable. I just didn't have time to mess with all that this go around.