Star-Demon's 0.12.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: Star-Demon's 0.12.0

Post by Zini »

Only just got around to view the video (sorry for the delay).

There is one incorrect point. The journal window has much more functionality than the dialogue window. All it is missing is some formatting, titles and additional functionality (like quest and topic lists). But the rest works. You can add a quest entry via the console and it will show up in the window.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Zini wrote:Only just got around to view the video (sorry for the delay).

There is one incorrect point. The journal window has much more functionality than the dialogue window. All it is missing is some formatting, titles and additional functionality (like quest and topic lists). But the rest works. You can add a quest entry via the console and it will show up in the window.
Oh! Sorry about that, I had no idea :( I'll make a note of that in the video description/annotate it when I get a chance. Really all I meant was that "it's not fully functional yet." But, I see how what I said was misleading.
Star-Demon

Post by Star-Demon »

Wow. A thread just for me!

I'm really sorry to leave you guys hanging like that - I'm scanning the forums right now, trying to catch up, and I might try to DL and try the latest version. Lemme catch up on this thread and current windows issues to look out for. (and possible fixes...)

Again, I really like doing these, and will do one as long as I have a version that works.

If someone could just give me a list of commands to run through, since I notice there's a lot of console magic involved.

EDIT: WOW! I have a working windows version! With MORE stuff! Good job, everyone! I'll make a more proper video soon, but I'll upload something casual very soon to my Youtube.

EDIT2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nwL0WfDGE - Just to tease. I'm hype. I'm actually hype.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Star! Good to hear from you. Nice work on the tavern you're making in Skyrim. You should make a new video update for that.

WeirdSexy is doing the main previews now and his last one is very professional and polished. They showcase new features in an edited and cleaned up way.

But we all love your videos too, so I'm giving you the password and username for the Youtube account. You should create a new playlist titled something like "Star's Playthroughs" or whatever you want. I'd like to see you do longer and improvised play throughs, like maybe 10 minutes or showing what it's like actually playing the game. People trying OpenMW during the next year are going to be saying, "how do I do... *insert many, many things" a lot and you're videos give them an idea of what to expect.

WeirdSexy could add at the end of his videos, "For a longer look at 0.13.0, check out StarDemon's playlist as he tries the latest version."

"SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!!!"
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

but it's not 0.13.0, it's just recent snapshot of upcoming 0.14.0
Star-Demon

Post by Star-Demon »

ElderTroll wrote:Star! Good to hear from you. Nice work on the tavern you're making in Skyrim. You should make a new video update for that.

WeirdSexy is doing the main previews now and his last one is very professional and polished. They showcase new features in an edited and cleaned up way.

But we all love your videos too, so I'm giving you the password and username for the Youtube account. You should create a new playlist titled something like "Star's Playthroughs" or whatever you want. I'd like to see you do longer and improvised play throughs, like maybe 10 minutes or showing what it's like actually playing the game. People trying OpenMW during the next year are going to be saying, "how do I do... *insert many, many things" a lot and you're videos give them an idea of what to expect.

WeirdSexy could add at the end of his videos, "For a longer look at 0.13.0, check out StarDemon's playlist as he tries the latest version."

"SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!!!"
Yeah, as my YT gets older I really would like to somehow organize it.
Hehe I'm actually pleased my Spontaneous Pacino is pretty good!

I couldn't make a new video or images for the brewery because of the recent ATI driver problems. Now that those are fixed I'll try to make a new one as I put out the next version, which will be a little more cleaned up and playable instead of walk in and it's done. I just have to get the script working properly. At worst I'll put a volume box trigger in and let it be done. I wanted to get V 0.3 out by tonight.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Star-Demon wrote:EDIT2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nwL0WfDGE - Just to tease. I'm hype. I'm actually hype.
Pushing buttons... pushing buttons... HAHAHAHA. :lol:
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

EDIT2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nwL0WfDGE - Just to tease. I'm hype. I'm actually hype.
How much caffiene did you drink before this?...
Star-Demon

Post by Star-Demon »

Tarius wrote:How much caffiene did you drink before this?...
None?
raevol wrote: Pushing buttons... pushing buttons... HAHAHAHA. :lol:
I was excited, I wanted to at least try as much as I could. :P
It works in fighting games!