SourceForge

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

SourceForge

Post by ElderTroll »

Hey everybody,

Sometimes when searching on google openmw.org is the second result after the sourceforge page, which hasn't been updated since version May 2010. Nicolay Korslund says we can take control of the the site. I'll be sending sourceforge usernames to Nicolay and he'll add them as admins. So if you have a sourceforge account and plan on being with OpenMW pm me with your username.

There are three benefits that I see to this:

1) At the very least we can update the front page and redirect people to openmw.org

2) We can update the versions on sourceforge so that users are getting the latest files.

3) We will be eligible for sourceforge's project of the month which could prove beneficial to attracting more developers as many people who use sourceforge are technically inclined.
raevol

Re: SourceForge

Post by raevol »

You're my hero.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Since you managed to get in touch with Nicolay, you could ask him for this account as well, if he doesn't mind:
https://twitter.com/#!/openmw_commits
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Sure I will do that Werdanith.

Does anyone else besides Raevol and myself want access to the sourceforge page?
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Nicolay made the front page of the old website redirect to openmw.org, so that seems like a dolne deal. Do you think it would be worthwhile to upload all the 0.12.0 downloads to sourceforge? Some people are still downloading openmw from there and the latest file on there is 0.8.0.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Hmm, I would think if people are in fact still downloading from there, we should put the packages there, or redirect them to our Google Code page if possible. Zini, do you have any thoughts?
Zini

Post by Zini »

It's kinda pointless to have the same package in multiple locations. Change sourceforge so that it makes it very clear that we are not using it anymore and redirect to github (for development), google code (for downloads) and our main site (for everything) else.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Roger. Elder, are you familiar with working with SF? I can look into it if you want, but if you've done SF pages before you will have one up on me...