Article for Freegamer

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Article for Freegamer

Post by ElderTroll »

So the article is just about ready. But when I asked each project about their features I got different answers and I'm thinking that each project has more features then they recognize. I've made a table with all the features based off the one Zini used before.
Implemented = I
Nearly Complete = NC
P= Partial
E= Early
Planning= Planned, but nothing implemented code wise. I'd like some of the dev's to just glance over the list and edit it. Please email me at [email protected] and I will share the doc with you. Shouldn't take more than five minutes- plus you get to see where the other engines are at.
Zini

Re: Article for Freegamer

Post by Zini »

No email access from this place. But if you want to sent me your list, I will review it tomorrow (see my forum profile for an email address).
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Sure thing, benevolent dictator. Thanks for putting up with this process. I actually think all three project can continue sharing this doc as a way to keep tabs on each others projects. Might be cool.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Great article, very informative.
Here is the link btw,
http://freegamer.blogspot.com/2012/02/m ... -they.html

I think it's worth spreading in whatever forums we hang out at.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Thanks,

I started it to answer my own questions and it snowballed.

I like the features table, I think that could serve a real purpose if the dev's expand and update it. Think of it as a reference when one of projects is struggling to implement something. They can check the table and know to peak over at how the other guy(s) did it.
Last edited by ElderTroll on 16 Feb 2012, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Awesome, great job on the article.

Funny story, one of the commentors (lynxlynxlynx) works on GemRB, an awesome project that I have did some bug hunting/reporting on in the past. Looks like they've made a good amount of progress since I checked on them last, I should take their latest release for a spin...