Improving the Downloads page

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Improving the Downloads page

Post by psi29a »

Thunderforge wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 17:03 [*]Does GitLab have a page with releases? I kept a link to the GitHub page because I couldn't find an equivalent on GitLab.
Talked about this elsewhere, but sadly GitLab has a filesize limit (Max filesize: 10MiB) on uploads that makes this difficult. For now, GitHub and our Download page are our only options.
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

Loriel wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 19:12 Possibly not quite ready yet, but I would like to see the CSManual link at the bottom point to the RTD version instead.

Loriel
Doesn’t the RTD OpenMW-CS guide already duplicate what was explained in the original latex guide? If so, I say switch, we should stop referencing that guide if we want people to know about our official docs.

And THANK YOU Thunderforge! I had forgotten how annoyed I was when I first found out about the project trying to find the download. This looks very nice :)
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

Gitlab has a download page, but it's doesn't look über-sexy.

There is also a small css issue with your page:

psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

ap0 wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 18:08 Gitlab has a download page, but it's doesn't look über-sexy.
Yes it does, but as I typed above, it only allows attachments of 10MiB in size. We can't use it to host our downloads.
Qvaz

Post by Qvaz »

Hi. Reporting an issue.
In the Release Versions section for Linux, "Download from site file repository" link sends to osx nightlies.