OpenMW port to ps4

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW port to ps4

Post by psi29a »

Okulo wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 21:29
psi29a wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 08:34We would love more FreeBSD (and other *BSD) love
Except for digital hugs. Those are not allowed. :V
:o

FOSS: F is for Free love!
CoDeReKeR

Post by CoDeReKeR »

well there are 2 ways of doing this that I view doing it with the sdk sony provides but that requires spending or through the fakepkg way in making a application that can be run through homebrew. which both methods have the same positives and negatives cause with the ps4 scene most people are just pirating games :/ but I'll post back here if I have any luck running it on a ps4 hardest thing will be coding in controller support and overriding the keyboard and mouse other wise the fakepkg generator will generate the code needed to have the ps4 launch the .bin file
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

psi29a wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 22:01
Okulo wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 21:29Except for digital hugs. Those are not allowed. :V
:o
FOSS: F is for Free love!
Only if you get explicit consent first to type "hug". Otherwise F is for Fucking stop harassing me.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Okulo wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 08:27 Only if you get explicit consent first to type "hug". Otherwise F is for Fucking stop harassing me.
F is for FreeBSD... don't know where your head's at. :)

Hier niet poepen zegmaar.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

psi29a wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 08:48 Hier niet poepen zegmaar.
I understand Flemish.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Wees alsjeblieft aardig voor elkaar. Dit gesprek is lang genoeg volgehouden. (Pardon my Google Translate.)

Looks like Sony is using LLVM/Clang for PlayStation 4 games, which we are already using for some of our builds. So at least on that front, it wouldn't be difficult to make a version for PlayStation. If SDL is able to find a way to load the header files and such without violating GPL, then that is technically feasible as well for other things, although it definitely needs more investigation.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing it play out. If nothing else, it might be the kick that OpenMW needs to properly support controller play.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Don't worry, everyone here is nice to each other. ;)

Aside from the technical issues, OP might want to be careful about elevating this to more than a home project; Bethesda started poking around here when the project got the beginnings of an Android port so who knows what a PS4 version would do.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Well, we should avoid promoting a hypothetical PS4 port using Morrowind assets/contents. See Correspondence with Bethesda. Running the Example Suite or any other unrelated content would be no problem.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Atahualpa wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 20:34 Well, we should avoid promoting a hypothetical PS4 port using Morrowind assets/contents. See Correspondence with Bethesda. Running the Example Suite or any other unrelated content would be no problem.
This is pretty much the key part here. OpenMW might be able to run on these platforms... but if and when it does, we'll do so quietly and without a lot of fan-fair. Unless of course it is with our own non-Bethesda content. :)
Starsheep

Post by Starsheep »

psi29a wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 20:42
Atahualpa wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 20:34 Well, we should avoid promoting a hypothetical PS4 port using Morrowind assets/contents. See Correspondence with Bethesda. Running the Example Suite or any other unrelated content would be no problem.
This is pretty much the key part here. OpenMW might be able to run on these platforms... but if and when it does, we'll do so quietly and without a lot of fan-fair. Unless of course it is with our own non-Bethesda content. :)
With a thread past 35 pages long and still some traction and new people coming, nothing to worry about on the android side?