PR Team for OpenMW

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: PR Team for OpenMW

Post by psi29a »

Aside from that, it isn't a personal attack. Was never meant to be. You call a spade a spade.

You guys want to know how to "fix your *censored*"?

Just unpack the bsa and do a

Code: Select all

find /textures&/folder -type f -iname "*.bmp"
credit: vorenon
Now you have a list of the most horrible offenders.

To be fair, it would great to see TR in OpenMW.
Last edited by psi29a on 05 Mar 2013, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

To be fair, it would great to see TR in OpenMW.
then just load it, lol :P
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

Offended? No. Just thinking that going out and saying "Hey, there's a problem with your textures." doesn't need stupid memes.

And yeah, you can go bite my (shiny metal) ass.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

EOT
raevol

Post by raevol »

I really wish I had posted what I had written up yesterday.

Herrbatka, I know your post was meant in fun, but you should be careful about those kinds of things. Sarcasm and humor doesn't translate very well in text at all. I'm sure there's plenty of things OpenMW does that other people could take issue with, but that doesn't mean our project should be made fun of. And same with TR.

Also, we really shouldn't be so dismissive of bugfixes. I know they are boring to write news about and boring to read news about, but they're also frustratingly tedious for devs to fix, so we really should be supportive of anyone who is willing to sit down and invest time in fixing bugs. It'd be better not to say anything about bugs in the news at all, than to just call them "boring".

That said I really appreciate that you continue to write a weekly post for us. It really gives our project a breath of life to people on the outside. Keep it up!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

@raevol

hi, do you know how many comitts scrawl made in his graphics branch that was recently into master? I tell you: 75. At least half of it fix something. And that's just from one person. Every day we get another bugfixes, often 5 per day. And check bugtracker.

We are really progressing rapidly and it's hard to even track all the bugs that shows up, are fixed and closed.

I'm not kidding. Developers are just that active.

I should write more about editor, though.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Herrbatka, you missed the point of what I was saying. I wasn't saying you should itemize bug fixes and talk more about them. I was saying you should not call them boring. You could just say something like "bugs were fixed, as always" instead of "some people wasted time fixing bugs and no one cares!"
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ah, this one. Ok.

Haha, TR answered us.

psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/141408 ... ry22339510
haplobartow wrote: .tga and .bmp textures have largely been replaced with .dds in our most recent internal TR_Data update uploaded by me just a few moments ago. Hopefully this will allay most texture-related problems.
Kudos to the TR team! :)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Bravo! Bravo! :D