PR Team for OpenMW

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Re: PR Team for OpenMW

Post by ElderTroll »

I thought about putting this on the youtube page...

Read a prophetic scroll's review of the future 1.0 release,
“The forging and reforging of the engine and its contents by an army of a thousand hands slowly cast out the flaws and weaknesses and in their place stability came to dwell; the very essence of Anu. It was atop Anu's strength that Padomay's essence of change, long known to dwell in the construction set, was now free to radiate brighter, infuse her creativity to depths and heights not dreamt of even by Akatosh. A celebration of indescribable beauty erupted from the multitude planes of existence and all beings who ever were, and who are to be rejoiced together with those that are in the splendor of richest celestial music. 9.999/10 Not quite personal enlightenment, but close. ”

I would have made it more clearly that the construction set had been remade, but I'm not sure if that's a demand of reaching 1.0 or a post 1.0 type thing. Anyways, maybe we could do some joke banners or something.
Zini

Post by Zini »

The idea is to get started on the new CS about now (actually a few months back, but things got delayed). I don't expect to have the CS ready for 1.0 though.
Star-Demon

Post by Star-Demon »

I have no problem taking videos.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

That's good news for the PR folks, Star-demon. The enthusiasm, energy, and humor in your first two videos were great. Could you make a video for 0.11.1 and a separate video for 0.12.0 once its released. You can upload them to your page and I can download them and upload to our channel or I can give you the username and password.

Another idea is to have in addition to version specific release videos, a yearly "state of the engine" video which would be longer and detail the major features noticable at the user level and maybe some of the technology that isn't immediately obvious, but that sets openmw apart from morrowind.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Good to have you back Star-Demon! I read your blog post when Zini said you were no longer with us because you lost interest. Turns out you had more important things on your mind. I hope everything works out for you.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

ElderTroll wrote:That's good news for the PR folks, Star-demon. The enthusiasm, energy, and humor in your first two videos were great. Could you make a video for 0.11.1 and a separate video for 0.12.0 once its released. You can upload them to your page and I can download them and upload to our channel or I can give you the username and password.
There's a simpler way to do this. If Star-demon goes to the settings page of each video, he has an option under License: "Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)". It gives you, as the viewer, a button that says "Remix this video!". It'll open the video in YouTube's own editor. Just click OK and hey presto, it's mirrored on your own channel.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Thanks, that will be useful. If the original uploader deletes the video from their page, will it still be viewable on the mirrored channel?
hircine

Post by hircine »

ElderTroll, would you like access to the Moddb page? I believe only Raevol and myself have access to it currently.

sir_herrbatka do you want access too?

EDIT: here is the link to the page: http://www.moddb.com/engines/openmw
EDIT2: Igro is also a member :P join this: http://www.moddb.com/company/open-morro ... pment-team
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Sure I would.

I've written up a document for starting forum threads and project pages which include general information about the project's goals, history, how to contact us, help wanted, current and planned features, etc. I've uploaded the document to an email I created specifically for openmw PR. It's [email protected].

I plan to make doc with an inventory of screen names/ passwords to websites where openmw has forum threads or project pages (making widespread PR more manageable during releases). I'd like to give some other people the password to the gmail account or maybe just share the documents with raevol, sir, yourself, and anyone else who is involved in PR. Email me and once we confirm you are who you say you are, I'll send you the documents. This is still a little ways out though.

Also we should have the article I wrote about open source morrowind projects appearing on freegamer in a few days.
hircine

Post by hircine »

sent an email to you from c********[email protected] with "I am hircine hear me rawr" as the subject line. :P

best just to share a gdocs and have it only accessible to particular emails.