OpenMW 0.13.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.13.0

Post by Zini »

This was referring to:

Bug #179: Pressing space in console triggers activation
Bug #192: Keypresses write Text into Console no matter which gui element is active
Task #108: Refactor window manager class
Not focus related at all, except the 2nd one maybe. But I think these changes can all be filed under various code maintenance and bug fixing.
I think that dialogue now triggering journal updates should count as journal related. (this was in WeirdSexy's youtube video)
That is only because dialogue topics can now be used to trigger scripts attached to it, which sometimes have journal related script instructions. But this worked since 0.12.0.

btw. I think the line about the dialogue GUI needs to be rewritten too. Its the whole dialogue system, i.e. both GUI and gameplay parts.
artorius

Post by artorius »

raevol wrote:Here's a fedora repo file from artorius, please test:

http://artorius.us/projects/openmw/buil ... noarch.rpm
Updated (cleaner) OpenMW installation instructions for Fedora users can be found here:

http://openmw.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 3653#p3653
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:Not focus related at all, except the 2nd one maybe. But I think these changes can all be filed under various code maintenance and bug fixing.

btw. I think the line about the dialogue GUI needs to be rewritten too. Its the whole dialogue system, i.e. both GUI and gameplay parts.
Roger. New draft incoming.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I confirmed the Win32 release has working dialogue choices and journal updates. Took me a second because chrome didn't want to download the updated file because the URL was still in it's cache, so I thought it was still broken for a minute ;)
Last edited by Greendogo on 27 Mar 2012, 20:15, edited 4 times in total.
raevol

Post by raevol »

New changelog draft. Please read carefully to make sure I didn't goof something up:

Hot on the heals of 0.12.0, the OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.13.0! Release packages are available on our Download page. This release notably includes functional NPC dialogue.

- NPC Dialogue window and mechanics implemented
- Reimplemented sky rendering, added weather effects
- Wireframe mode added
- Fix for sounds broken in 0.12
- Fix for 3D sounds
- Added sounds for weather, doors, containers, picking up items, and journal
- Various code cleanup and improvements
- Fixed an Ogre crash at the Dren plantation
- Several launcher improvements
- Added fade to black effect for cutscenes
- Added backend for equipping items
- Fix to stop ASCII 16 character from being added to console on its activation in OSX
- Fixed collision shapes being out of place
- Fixed ESMTool not working with localised ESM files
- Fixed torch lights not being visible past a short distance
- Fixed some transparency rendering problems
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Ace (SWE) wrote:New build is up Here

Journal, dialogues, and choices in dialogues all seem to work properly.
I can confirm that most issues I saw have been fixed with this build.
The dialogue is still a bit on the slow side.

Also, I can confirm the issue FuzzyLights reported and I don't know what to make of it, a decoding issue maybe? I've only seen it in Vivec, and it slows the game down a bit, but I say leave it in for now and we'll see if Chris' changes fixed it for the next release.

I also get some weird behavior with some other sounds but I'll wait for someone with working sound card drivers to confirm them.
raevol

Post by raevol »

raevol wrote:- Fixed ESMTool not working with localised ESM files
According to Werdanith this should be changed to "Fixed ESMTool to set encoding setting" or just omitted from the changelog. (Correct me if I am wrong Werdanith?)
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

It's also worth noting that Greendogo does not get the issue with loading certain sounds on the windows build, so whatever it is, it's system specific.
raevol wrote:According to Werdanith this should be changed to "Fixed ESMTool to set encoding setting" or just omitted from the changelog. (Correct me if I am wrong Werdanith?)
Correct.
Zini

Post by Zini »

It can be ommited since we don't distribute the ESMTool. The rest of your release descriptions looks okay to me now.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Zini wrote:It can be ommited since we don't distribute the ESMTool. The rest of your release descriptions looks okay to me now.
I see the Linux releases don't have it, but the Windows release does btw.