OpenMW 0.13.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.13.0

Post by raevol »

Changelog draft:

Hot on the heals of 0.12.0, the OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.13.0! Release packages are available on our Download page. This release notably includes a functional dialog and mostly functional journal system.

- NPC Dialogue window implemented
- Journal system mostly implemented
- Weather effects and other sky enhancements
- Wireframe mode added
- Several sound fixes and additions
- Various code cleanup and improvements
- Several focus-related control fixes
- Fixed an Ogre crash at the Dren plantation
- Several launcher improvements
- Added fade to black effect for cutscenes
- Added backend for equipping items
- Fix to stop ASCII 16 character from being added to console on its activation in OSX
- Fixed collision shapes being out of place
- Fixed ESMTool not working with localised ESM files
- Fixed torch lights not being visible past a short distance (help? how to say this?)
- Replace static geometry (help?)

I've indicated two items here that I really need help on, could someone advise me on how to write those, or link me to the threads where they were discussed so I can get a better understanding of the item? And any input on any of the rest of it is much appreciated too.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Greendogo wrote: I'm going to Seyda Neen and into the tavern to ask the Nord about Fargoth's hiding place, but there are no quest/journal updates and no options for accepting the quest.
I can confirm that dialogue options and updating of the journal seem broken in the 32bit windows build.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

On the windows build, I also get that exception when trying to load certain sounds (and sounds sound weird in general sometimes, although there are many factors at play here), and the dialogue seems terribly slow.
raevol wrote: - Several sound fixes and additions
If you want to be more specific about the user-visible changes in the sound department:
  • Sounds that were completely broken in 0.12 now work again.
  • 3D sounds that were broken since forever now work again.
  • New sounds for weather, doors, containers, picking up items, and journal (3/4)
(there are a few other things that happened but they'll be irrelevant for the next release)
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay, it seems we have a major problem with the Windows 32bit build. That needs to be sorted out first. This bug must have been at least in the previous release candidate. We definitely need more actual testing on the RCs or they are pointless.
- Journal system mostly implemented
We don't have anything journal related in this release.
Weather effects and other sky enhancements
Better: Reimplemented sky rendering; added weather effects. Or something like that.
I have no idea what that does refer to.
- Fixed torch lights not being visible past a short distance (help? how to say this?)
Sounds pretty clear to me. If you are too far away from the light, it was not visible at all.
- Replace static geometry (help?)
The description is misleading. We did not replace static geometry. This issue was mostly about transparency problems and these have been solved now (or at least have a functioning workaround).
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

A new windows 32-bit build should be up real soon, sorry about the wait, I forgot to switch back to Audiere from playing with the next branch.
I don't know how such a thing managed to not occur in the 64-bit version, the version I do most of my own testing on, after having built them both at the same time.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:
I have no idea what that does refer to.
This was referring to:

Bug #179: Pressing space in console triggers activation
Bug #192: Keypresses write Text into Console no matter which gui element is active
Task #108: Refactor window manager class
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Zini wrote:Okay, it seems we have a major problem with the Windows 32bit build. That needs to be sorted out first. This bug must have been at least in the previous release candidate. We definitely need more actual testing on the RCs or they are pointless.
I'd be happy to test new features in RCs, I didn't even know ACE was making them until one or two days ago.
Zini wrote:We don't have anything journal related in this release.
I think that dialogue now triggering journal updates should count as journal related. (this was in WeirdSexy's youtube video)

Ace (SWE) wrote:A new windows 32-bit build should be up real soon, sorry about the wait, I forgot to switch back to Audiere from playing with the next branch.
Thanks Ace!
raevol

Post by raevol »

Here's a fedora repo file from artorius, please test:

http://artorius.us/projects/openmw/buil ... noarch.rpm
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

New build is up Here

Journal, dialogues, and choices in dialogues all seem to work properly.