Can we make sure the release process includes getting a new video on this site's Media page?

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Thunderforge

Can we make sure the release process includes getting a new video on this site's Media page?

Post by Thunderforge »

I noticed today that the site's Media page still has videos for OpenMW 0.41, despite 0.43 being out. Is there anything we can do to make sure that the release process (i.e. the stuff we do when there is a new release) includes updating this page? It doesn't really reflect all that well to have the site not showing the latest and greatest.
lysol

Re: Can we make sure the release process includes getting a new video on this site's Media page?

Post by lysol »

Huh, that's funny. I guess regular visitors never visit the media page. It's probably quite easy to miss since the ones actually visiting that page are the ones that don't know which is the current version. I agree there should be a routine for this in the release process.
raevol

Re: Can we make sure the release process includes getting a new video on this site's Media page?

Post by raevol »

Maybe our media page could just link to our Youtube channel? So it's always up to date? Or is having the videos embedded here more effective? What do you guys think?
lysol

Post by lysol »

I could volunteer with updating that page otherwise. I already have a log in for the wordpress, and that should be all that's needed right?
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

raevol wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 09:58 Maybe our media page could just link to our Youtube channel? So it's always up to date? Or is having the videos embedded here more effective? What do you guys think?
I think that embedded videos are more effective (the YouTube channel is linked in the text anyway).
@lysol: If you want to maintain the media page, I'm all for it. @lgro?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

It's ok for me :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

Ok, I'll fix it asap!
lgromanowski wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 10:28 It's ok for me :)
I think you need to add page managing rights to me or something for this right?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

lysol wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 09:38 Ok, I'll fix it asap!
lgromanowski wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 10:28 It's ok for me :)
I think you need to add page managing rights to me or something for this right?
Hi,
I've added you managing rights - you should be able to edit media/faq pages etc. :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

I think this page can use quite an overhaul. I'll post a suggestion tomorrow.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

lysol wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 12:35 I think this page can use quite an overhaul. I'll post a suggestion tomorrow.
I agree. Showing a video from version 0.6 (i.e. 37 versions ago) isn't really that useful and doesn't give a good picture of the state of the project.