OpenMW 0.44.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
akortunov

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by akortunov »

Bug #1428: Daedra summoning scripts aren't executed when the item is taken through the inventory
- how was this fixed?
PR1530 (trigger OnActivate if an item was picked in the inventory mode).
Bug #1987: Some glyphs are not supported
- was this fixed?
Yes. We use similar glyphs as fallback, as in vanilla game.
Bug #3664: Combat music does not start in dialogue
- what behavior was picked here?
Update combat music state even in menu mode.
Bug #3696: Newlines are accompanied by empty rectangle glyph in dialogs
- what fix was implemented here?
Cut \r characters from dialogue output.
Abot's Silt Striders 1.16 - silt strider "falls" to ground and glides on floor during travel
- how was this fixed? Is this the same as 3603?
SetPos can not place target under terrain level.
It is a separate issue from 3603.
Bug #3557: Resource priority confusion when using the local data path as installation root
- what?
OpenMW failed to pick up mods from .local/share/openmw/* directories because of priority, if a game was installed to ~/.local/share/openmw/data folder.
Bug #2897: Editor: Rename "Original creature" field
- OpenMW-CS: what was the field renamed to?
To the "Parent Creature".
Bug #2703: OnPCHitMe is not handled correctly
- OnPCHitMe is now handled correctly (I don't understand this issue - raevol)
Declaring OnPCHitMe in actor's script should prevent actor from attacking, even by self-defence, if his Fight = 0.
Bug #2829: Incorrect order for content list consisting of a game file and an esp without dependencies
- what?
Content selector should place Morrowind.esm to the beginning of mod list, if present.
Bug #3863: Can be forced to not resist arrest if you cast Calm Humanoid on aggroed death warrant guards
- Fixed an issue where casting Calm Humanoid on a guard the player is resisting arrest from caused a dialog loop when trying to resist again (is this right?)
Right.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

NullCascade wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 01:45
Ace (SWE) wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 20:55New line of RCs, these ones built without LTO to see if that helps NullCascade's issue.

32-bit
64-bit
No dice. Still hangs.
Grumble....

So LTO and other optimization are not the problem. I plan on rolling my own via my Win10 VM (through gitlab's runner).

I find it strange that you have 3 machines that crap themselves over openmw and 1 that doesn't, and that other window users/testers don't have any problems.

It makes me wonder if there isn't anything you've set on those machines for development for example which would give problems, like debugging libraries (not OpenMW's but other more fundamental system libraries). Perhaps that is the difference between your one working machine and the others? I'm just guessing here...

I've tested the win64 RC2 builds on my wife's laptop and my son's laptop (win7 and win10), both don't freeze either.
Rovlad

Post by Rovlad »

I've had a very similar problem to the one NullCascade currently has (the game loads and stays on the loading screen with exploration music playing), but it was with vanilla engine + MGE XE. IIRC it had to do with shaders, turning them off or using different ones fixed it.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Bug #3343: Editor: ID sorting is case-sensitive in certain tables
- OpenMW-CS: Fixed certain tables to be case-insensitive when sorting
These "certain tables" are search and verification results, to be more precise.
Bug #4061: Scripts error on special token included in name
- Scripts now support period and hyphen characters in token names
Not in the token names. In the script names, and not in the beginning of them.
Bug #3926: Installation Wizard places Morrowind.esm after Tribunal/Bloodmoon if it has a later file creation date
- Improved sorting of load order of imported content files
Again, for preciseness: they are sorted according to their dependencies now, not just "modified" time. It might be worth to mention how sorting of Bethesda ESMs used to be broken in Steam version of Morrowind.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

ive waited 7 months for this. a new release is always exciting :lol: :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thank you @akortonuv and @Capostrophic ! Some fixes based on your feedback, as well as some more progress: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/1d53 ... /revisions
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

#4134: playlist initialization was moved to playlist transition function and transitions to empty playlists are now no-op. This means that an empty battle music folder means no transition to battle music will happen, so only Explore tracks will be played.
#4135: people may argue that dynamic stats in Morrowind are not attributes, you should probably change it to "absorb spell" or "absorb stat"
#4192: LGTM
#4210: dialogue topics now always become hyperlinks on the first mention of them
#4216: they... they rotate now. Even in the cases it doesn't make much sense (such as darts).
#4225: yes
#4229: it should probably be explained somehow that these followers have high Fight rating, and thus attack followers, because the condition that made them ignore allies other than the player (they follow) was broken.
#4235: affects.
#4242: technical topics that are not actual hyperlinks were added to the index.
#4245: contents of containers with zero capacity (such as plants) are no longer sold.
#4264: affected. Any harmful effect, actually. They are not even applied.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Capostrophic wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 09:18 #4229: it should probably be explained somehow that these followers have high Fight rating, and thus attack followers, because the condition that made them ignore allies other than the player (they follow) was broken.
#4242: technical topics that are not actual hyperlinks were added to the index.
Many thanks for the other corrections! My apologies for being dense, but I do not understand how to work in your info for 4229, and I simply don't understand what you are saying for 4242.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

raevol wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 06:33 My apologies for being dense, but I do not understand how to work in your info for 4229, and I simply don't understand what you are saying for 4242.
1. Fabricant summoners have high Fight rating, so technically they are hostile to player.
Previously we had a hack to prevent them from attacking player, but they still could attack player's followers.
We extended our hack, so summoned fabricants do not attack other followers now.

2. Technical topics (ones from Dialogue->Greeting editor section, for example) were in the journal topics list:
https://bugs.openmw.org/attachments/dow ... hot000.png
Now we add only topics from Dialogue->Topic editor section to this list.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Fixes, and finished my attempt at all changelog items, definitely need feedback though: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/1d53 ... /revisions
akortunov wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 07:38 1. Fabricant summoners have high Fight rating, so technically they are hostile to player.
Previously we had a hack to prevent them from attacking player, but they still could attack player's followers.
We extended our hack, so summoned fabricants do not attack other followers now.
So what I wrote, "Tribunal and Bloodmoon summoned creatures no longer automatically fight other summons", will be ok maybe if I add "other summons or followers"?
akortunov wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 07:38 2. Technical topics (ones from Dialogue->Greeting editor section, for example) were in the journal topics list:
https://bugs.openmw.org/attachments/dow ... hot000.png
Now we add only topics from Dialogue->Topic editor section to this list.
Not sure how to write this then...