OpenMW 0.44.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by psi29a »

@Ace: how are your builds made?
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thank you everyone for the testing! Has anyone heard from corristo?

Current Release Status updated here
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

My builds are done with the CI scripts - since I wrote then I figure why not use them.
The only difference is that I also apply Link-Time Optimization to add some additional free (apart from compile time) speedup.
(Just run CMake with -DOPENMW_LTO_BUILD=ON to enable LTO)
Starsheep

Post by Starsheep »

Branch+dependencies built on macos10.13.5 today with the corresponding SDK.

as per #4424, cursor is either empty or garbage. Target of that bug is 0.45 but seems solved and merged into master 3 days ago.

Other than that, it runs fine, said hello to Fargoth, wandered around but not really tested yet.

What's your process for the delivery of the final .dmg for a given release? Are you waiting for corristo to build it against an earlier version of the sdk then distribute for testing?
Last edited by Starsheep on 16 Jun 2018, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

as per #4424, cursor is either empty or garbage. Target of that bug is 0.45 but it's been closed and merged into master 3 days ago.
Huh? As far as I am aware the relevant PR hasn't been merged yet.
Starsheep

Post by Starsheep »

Capostrophic wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 22:50 Huh? As far as I am aware the relevant PR hasn't been merged yet.
Oh you're right, my bad.
% done changed to 100% though
raevol

Post by raevol »

Starsheep wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 22:38 What's your process for the delivery of the final .dmg for a given release? Are you waiting for corristo to build it against an earlier version of the sdk then distribute for testing?
I really should know the answer to this, but unfortunately I don't. :( Does anyone else know?
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Considering the current hustle and bustle, is there anything I shall emphasise/clarify in the video openings or outros respectively?

What comes to my mind:
  • Main goal "mod compatibility" => Clarification regarding MWSE, possible LUA support, etc.
  • OpenMW and Morrowind => OpenMW will always provide backward compatibility
  • Migration to GitLab => New place for submitting bug reports
  • Need for OpenMW-CS developers
Zini

Post by Zini »

Main goal "mod compatibility" => Clarification regarding MWSE, possible LUA support, etc.
Still in discussion / early planning stage. Too early to mention it to the public.
OpenMW and Morrowind => OpenMW will always provide backward compatibility
Nothing has changed in this regard. We aim to provide full compatibility for all content that does not depend on 3rd party tools, but OpenMW may not always fail in the same way as Morrowind when dealing with defects in content files (especially scripts).
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Zini wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 13:50
Main goal "mod compatibility" => Clarification regarding MWSE, possible LUA support, etc.
Still in discussion / early planning stage. Too early to mention it to the public.
Got that.
Zini wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 13:50
OpenMW and Morrowind => OpenMW will always provide backward compatibility
Nothing has changed in this regard. We aim to provide full compatibility for all content that does not depend on 3rd party tools, but OpenMW may not always fail in the same way as Morrowind when dealing with defects in content files (especially scripts).
I know, Zini, I know. But I recently got the impression that some people don't trust in us keeping that promise. Maybe we should wait until the post-1.0 design document goes full public. That should clear things up quite a bit.