PPA for Ubuntu seems abandoned

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Grilly

PPA for Ubuntu seems abandoned

Post by Grilly »

I don't want this to sound like I'm complaining. I just want to bring it to someone's attention that the Ubuntu PPA for OpenMW Daily hasn't seen an update since before 0.42 was released. I don't know if there is a problem with it or not. I don't know if whoever was making the builds quit or not. I'm not trying to say someone owes me anything and I am of course very grateful for OpenMW. All that said, it seems as if no one is adding builds to the PPA for Ubuntu. I would just like to bring it to someone's attention and politely ask why this is the case. I do not have the technical skills myself to make the builds but I could perhaps task one of my employees with it if it needs to be done. If there is a problem that is preventing the builds from being uploaded to launchpad, perhaps if it is discuss, a solution can be found. As of right now the most recent build on launchpad is from August 9th.

If there is something preventing the PPA from getting daily builds and it can not be overcome, is there an alternative way to get dailies on Linux? And of course daily doesn't really have to mean every single day. Maybe weekly or monthly, but something to allow us to find bugs.
JohnMaster

Re: PPA for Ubuntu seems abandoned

Post by JohnMaster »

viewtopic.php?p=50477#p50477
psi29a wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 08:33 Basically, we're waiting on a new release to fix the issue. ;)

Then we can drop the patch downstream that was breaking things and the PPA will fix itself when we make a new release.