Using version numbers on the bugtracker

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zobator

Re: Using version numbers on the bugtracker

Post by Zobator »

But does this also mean that a 0.43 release is much more imminent than previously thought? There's only 8 issues still open on the 0.43 roadmap. Or is this just a wrong observation on my part...
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

Zobator wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 20:02 But does this also mean that a 0.43 release is much more imminent than previously thought? There's only 8 issues still open on the 0.43 roadmap. Or is this just a wrong observation on my part...
I don't think it will have any effect on the timing. Critical issue is probably still availability of the producer of the release videos, not until mid October, so release likely sometime in November. See discussion on the 0.43 release thread at viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4571&start=20

Loriel
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Before Christmas. :) 0.44 likely for Q1 of next year.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Sounds good all around. :) Thanks for clarifying zini!
Zini

Post by Zini »

But does this also mean that a 0.43 release is much more imminent than previously thought? There's only 8 issues still open on the 0.43 roadmap. Or is this just a wrong observation on my part...
That needs some more explanation. The amount of open issues in the current milestone is irrelevant. It does not represent the amount of work still left to do for that milestone. Actually, it never did, which probably confused some people.

As for 0.43 we are waiting for our video maker to get some free time again, which will be in a month or so.