OpenMW 0.43.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Shinino

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by Shinino »

raevol wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 05:39
Shinino wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 05:15 I've found 2 bugs, but one was reported back in 2015 (with the main game) and another is also with the main game (and probably has no effect).
Thank you for testing! Do either of these bugs have to do with input?
Nope -- they had to do with an endif and with a mesh having something twice.
raevol wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 05:39
Shinino wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 05:15because the one in My Games gets overwritten after open/close of OpenMW
Is this a reported issue? I'm not quite sure I follow what you are saying, but that sounds like a pretty big bug. (Not one that will stop the release, just one that we should know about)
Well...I'm thinking it was more a 'I'm stupid' than anything.

When I went to install 0.43, it wanted to install to c:\Program Files\Open MW 0.43 -- since i Had everything in 0.42, I just changed the directory. It wasn't until after the install that I realized that it overwrote openmw.cfg. I'm not entirely certain it -is- a bug. My guess is the normal way to upgrade is to install in a new folder, then copy the .cfg over?
raevol

Post by raevol »

Sounds good. I'm going to wait until tomorrow (read: 18ish hours) and barring verified input from another source, I'll do the release.
Shinino

Post by Shinino »

Not an input bug, but a mod-related error:

ESM Error: String table overflow
File: I:\Mods\Less Generic NPCS\LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp
Record: SCPT
Subrecord: SCVR
Offset: 0x116e0

Could be a load order issue? I'm investigating. Still no input errors.
movedthatchair

Post by movedthatchair »

Got a pretty serious problem with the windows release candidate: The installer won't work!

I've got a copy of Morrowind installed and the importer will run, but doesn't seem to import anything. Running the launcher after closing the launcher post-import will prompt another import. 0.38.0 (last I tested) has a profile imported fine.

Was plugged in controllers interfering with keyboard/mouse when not in actual use (with no in-game option to disable so unplug or disable in OS) ever fixed? Only thing I could think of as an input issue.

edit: 0.38 says my config changed today despite not touching it for months, so the import did something, just not the right something.

edit 2:I found a solution. The detected installation is pointing to the root director of Morrowind, not the Morrowind.esm it is actually looking for (this may have been the case for a while). Selecting manually fixes this. Worst case scenario for using this is having to put prominent instructions on fixing this.
Last edited by movedthatchair on 04 Dec 2017, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
Shinino

Post by Shinino »

Good catch -- I didn't import, I was installing new and manually adding mods to OpenMW.

Side Note: Water Life appears to not be functioning. A lot of "warning ab01wlgsaltdeepwarmscript line 69, column 23 (PlaceItem)
stray explicit reference (ignoring it)" type stuff. Also could be load order, going to remove it for now and play with it later.
raevol

Post by raevol »

movedthatchair wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 06:31 edit 2:I found a solution. The detected installation is pointing to the root director of Morrowind, not the Morrowind.esm it is actually looking for (this may have been the case for a while). Selecting manually fixes this. Worst case scenario for using this is having to put prominent instructions on fixing this.
Doesn't the installer have instructions to select Morrowind.esm? Correct me if I'm wrong, a screenshot of the behavior you are experiencing would be helpful too.
wareya

Post by wareya »

raevol wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 04:59 Do we have any Windows users here who could just test the release package real quick? Or is our Windows user base so small that we can ignore it anyway?
I'm a windows user and have no obvious issues. No crashes or major performance regressions or mods stopping working, but I play mostly vanilla. And I already have it installed so any problems with installing fresh installs only won't affect me.

I already swapped out for a newer version of SDL so I can't test whether the input related bugs are there, but if they are, they were there in previous versions of OpenMW too. It was just a heads up for the packager.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

raevol wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 07:05
movedthatchair wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 06:31 edit 2:I found a solution. The detected installation is pointing to the root director of Morrowind, not the Morrowind.esm it is actually looking for (this may have been the case for a while). Selecting manually fixes this. Worst case scenario for using this is having to put prominent instructions on fixing this.
Doesn't the installer have instructions to select Morrowind.esm? Correct me if I'm wrong, a screenshot of the behavior you are experiencing would be helpful too.
That problem was pointed out several times in the past. I encounter it every release, when installing the corresponding Windows RC build. However, after a quick search, it seems that no one ever bothered to create a ticket at our bug tracker (correct me if I'm wrong).
@movedthatchair: Would you be so kind as to create a ticket for that issue?
wareya wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 09:57 I already swapped out for a newer version of SDL so I can't test whether the input related bugs are there, but if they are, they were there in previous versions of OpenMW too. It was just a heads up for the packager.
The RC build worked fine for me, so I'd leave it at that and go on with the release.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Staging builds for PPA are ready.

Debian side of things are also ready, but Debian needs to rebuild libmygui... once that is taken care of, then we can upload OpenMW 0.43, Sadly Scott isn't around to help trigger things and I'm at the mercy of strangers. This would be easier if someone was a DD could sign my keys, then I too can upload.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Atahualpa wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 11:09 That problem was pointed out several times in the past. I encounter it every release, when installing the corresponding Windows RC build.
Exactly, so no release blocker.