OpenMW 0.43.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
AnyOldName3

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I'm with PlutonicOverkill in that it's not grammatically correct English. I'm not convinced his suggested fix is, either, though. I'd recommend "Or what do you think why everyone loves my Nord character?" -> "Why do you think everyone loves my Nord character?". I also think that if any word is stressed, it should be 'think'.
lysol

Post by lysol »

I personally do not find it to be as much of an issue to re-render the entire video for it. You could always just correct the sentence in the subtitles.

It looks great anyway. Perfectly release-ready if you ask me.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I personally do not find it to be as much of an issue to re-render the entire video for it.
Is it just me, or can that sentence be read two ways:

"I personally do not find it [grammatical error] to be as much of an issue to justify re-rendering the video for it"

or

"I personally do not see it as much of an issue to re-render the video for it [grammatical error]"

(It's clear you meant the first one, I'm just curious if others had to stop and re-read this :p )
lysol

Post by lysol »

scrawl wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 18:55 "I personally do not find it [grammatical error] to be as much of an issue to justify re-rendering the video for it"

or

"I personally do not see it as much of an issue to re-render the video for it [grammatical error]"

(It's clear you meant the first one, I'm just curious if others had to stop and re-read this :p )
It's so ironic I commented on a grammatical error with grammatical errors... Or maybe not grammatical errors, but at least a very hard to read sentence.
raevol

Post by raevol »

You guys are crazy. :p

I think I applied the release tag right, someone check it and then time for release packages? Once those are in I should be able to get the release up pretty quick!
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

The tag looks okay to me, so I'm starting to build up some release packages.

Edit:

Windows release builds:
32-bit
64-bit

And the Flatpak update has been pushed as well
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I'll get the ball rolling...
drummyfish

Post by drummyfish »

scrawl wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 18:55
I personally do not find it to be as much of an issue to re-render the entire video for it.
Is it just me, or can that sentence be read two ways:

"I personally do not find it [grammatical error] to be as much of an issue to justify re-rendering the video for it"

or

Non-native speaker here. It's clear the first meaning was intended, but the way it's written I think it would point to case B, since the first "it" stands for the next sentence and the second "it" stands for the grammatical error. To make it case A it seems to me the second "it" should be left out.

BTW you can talk to me about grammar anytime, even though you'll probably find like 100 mistakes in this very post :) I just like to talk about things I hate people using (such as "The reason for it is because ...", "Just because A doesn't mean B" etc.).
wareya

Post by wareya »

If it's speech and not writing then nobody will really care about mistakes in constructing relative clauses unless they involve an unmarked infinitive, that-elision, or rendering the meaning different than it's supposed to be.
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

Linux targz package release builds:

32 Bit
64 Bit