OpenMW 0.43.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
User avatar
Zini
Posts: 5132
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 15:16

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by Zini » 11 Sep 2017, 10:20

So, what are people's opinion on starting the RC phase in a week or so?

Note: There is currently a discussion going on about changing the way we handle some things on the bug tracker. If that is going anywhere, we should wait with the RC phase until it has run its course, because a release is an ideal point to make such changes.

User avatar
DestinedToDie
Posts: 1056
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 09:08

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by DestinedToDie » 11 Sep 2017, 10:25

Zini wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 10:20
So, what are people's opinion on starting the RC phase in a week or so?
According to what our video editor Atahualpa said:
Atahualpa wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 20:30
FYI: I'll not be able to work on the release videos for v0.43 or any other related stuff before mid-October (= deadline for my bachelor thesis).
So knowing this, do we want to start the RC this month or will we wait for October?

User avatar
Zini
Posts: 5132
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 15:16

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by Zini » 11 Sep 2017, 10:29

Crap. I missed that. Well, we don't want a repeat of 0.42.0. It appears we will have to wait another month before entering RC phase.

User avatar
AnyOldName3
Posts: 540
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 03:25

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by AnyOldName3 » 11 Sep 2017, 12:20

If someone sent me a big enough box of amphetamines, there's a possibility that shadows could be a thing by then. Not a big chance, but a chance.

User avatar
psi29a
Posts: 3431
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 10:13
Github profile: https://github.com/psi29a/
Contact:

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by psi29a » 11 Sep 2017, 14:30

AnyOldName3 wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 12:20
If someone sent me a big enough box of amphetamines, there's a possibility that shadows could be a thing by then. Not a big chance, but a chance.
Someone... quick...

User avatar
lysol
Posts: 701
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by lysol » 11 Sep 2017, 15:52

I work at an X-ray department. We don't have amphetamine here, but I could send you sedatives like Valium.

Although that would give you the opposite effect. Crap. Oh, and I would lose my job. And go to jail for smuggling narcotics. Crap. Well, it's the thought that counts, right?
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

User avatar
Pop000100
Posts: 63
Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 21:17
Location: Loitering around Gnisis.

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by Pop000100 » 11 Sep 2017, 22:38

this thread got weird fast anyway
Zini wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 10:20
Note: There is currently a discussion going on about changing the way we handle some things on the bug tracker. If that is going anywhere, we should wait with the RC phase until it has run its course, because a release is an ideal point to make such changes.
I'm not a team member but some change to the way OpenMW prioritizes and allows visibility to issues might be good since people still think this,
Works fine on my end using original Morrowind, but breaks like you say when I tried it with OpenMW, so I assume that's what you're using. I recommend you stop and use the original game (until OpenMW reaches v1.0) because it doesn't simulate the original even 99% accurately as of yet, and unforeseen problems like these can arise.
(In the case of this particular script, I suspect it is improper implementation of the Resurrect function by OpenMW that is causing the problem.)
It is at least 90% accurate now(the quote is from the Script Improvements talk page on nexus)

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2452
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by raevol » 12 Sep 2017, 00:10

AnyOldName3 wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 12:20
If someone sent me a big enough box of amphetamines, there's a possibility that shadows could be a thing by then. Not a big chance, but a chance.
If I had some and knew your address I would be putting on my shoes right now. Hahahaha.

TechNoirMK
Posts: 80
Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 15:58

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by TechNoirMK » 29 Sep 2017, 18:00

Remind me, how long does the RC phase take? The devs are on fire lately - I see 30-40 issues done in the last two weeks. I'd suggest starting the RC phase when Atahualpa comes back and keep being on fire until then. :lol:

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2452
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by raevol » 29 Sep 2017, 20:13

TechNoirMK wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 18:00
Remind me, how long does the RC phase take?
Unfortunately I think it has varied wildly. It should only take two weeks or so, but it depends on the issues we encounter as we go through it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests