OpenMW 0.12.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
werdanith

Re: OpenMW 0.12.0

Post by werdanith »

rapiertg wrote:

Code: Select all

openmw: /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/OgreMain/include/OgreAxisAlignedBox.h:252: void Ogre::AxisAlignedBox::setExtents(const Ogre::Vector3&, const Ogre::Vector3&): Assertion `(min.x <= max.x && min.y <= max.y && min.z <= max.z) && "The minimum corner of the box must be less than or equal to maximum corner"' failed.
Przerwane (core dumped)
I have made a thread on this crash.
It's some issue caused by building static geometry and I get it on both my Ubuntu 11.10 desktop (radeon/intel) and netbook (intel). I was thinking it was some Ubuntu specific issue but BrotherBrick with 11.10 and default packages doesn't get it. In my attempts to narrow it down I tried different bullet versions, different Ogre versions (1.7.1 - 1.8.0), different game data file folders but it always showed up. I suspected maybe it is Mesa related since both machines use the open source drivers, but using the Xorg Edgers ppa to upgrade to Mesa from 7.11 to 8.0 also did not help. About the only things that seem remotely relevant that I did not try were different gcc, libc or kernel, but I gave up on it.
If you want a work around at the moment the only solution is to get the source of the game and compile with static geometry off.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I managed to find the reason my debug build kept crashing upon using a door, it was because a debug assertion failed, something that would only happen in a debug build. An iterating for loop didn't store the return value of erase so the iterator broke in the middle of the loop.

In other news; I sat down and did a complete rebuild of my Ogre and it's dependencies, 64-bit OpenMW versions for windows soon.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Still getting this music directory error. Latest .deb, and cleaned all configs:
raevol@jabberwock:~$ omwlauncher
Loading config file: /etc/openmw/openmw.cfg... done.
raevol@jabberwock:~$ Loading config file: /etc/openmw/openmw.cfg... done.
Using default (English) font encoding.
No master file given. Assuming Morrowind.esm
Adding /home/raevol/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind/Data Files/Morrowind.bsa
Data dir /home/raevol/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind/Data Files
Loading ESM /home/raevol/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind/Data Files/Morrowind.esm
player
ERROR: boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::construct: No such file or directory: "/usr/share/games/openmw/data/Music/Explore/"
^C
raevol@jabberwock:~$ cat /etc/openmw/openmw.cfg
data="?mw?Data Files"
data="?global?data"
data="?local?data"
data-local="?user?data"
resources=/usr/share/games/openmw/resources
raevol@jabberwock:~$
Zini

Post by Zini »

Could it be this issue?
raevol

Post by raevol »

I think the issue is that there is that folder is never created:
raevol@jabberwock:/usr/share/games/openmw/data$ ls
raevol@jabberwock:/usr/share/games/openmw/data$
However, shouldn't it be looking for music in the folder where the Morrowind resources exist anyway?
Zini

Post by Zini »

That is the global data path. If the folder does not exist, OpenMW should ignore it completely. If it does exist, it should look for the Music folder, but not fail, if it does not exist. Maybe there is still a bug in the handling of multiple data directories.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Just to be clear, I don't think I created the folder in /use/share/games/. The package must have done that?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I just learned that my quick fix is apparently not a fix unless you're running windows, what the hell microsoft?

On Windows, the erase function in map/set returns a working iterator to the next item because the iterator breaks. On every other platform it doesn't return anything because the iterator never breaks.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Gentlemen, my apologize over the weekend. I'm not at all available in that time so the packages was something I could in my spare time.

I was able to do more 'real' testing today and I cannot duplicate the traveling bug 'coc location' that werdanith reported. Here is my postbin: http://pastebin.com/LHPAN0YW

The only real 'issue' I have is that /usr/share/games/openmw/data is empty, I have to rm the data directory and make a symlink to the 'Data Files' directory under morrowind. Will this be handled in the launcher any time soon so that I do not need to do this? I know I can modify my openmw.cfg file, but can the launcher do that?

My setup: Laptop 64bit 11.10 on Intel cpu, Radeon 3xxx HD || Laptop 64bit 12.04 on Intel cpu, Intel graphics
kernel: 3.0.0-16-generic, libbullet: 2.77~getdeb2, libogre: 1.7.3-2 (from ubuntu repo), libois: 1.3.0, libboost: 1.46.1
Both tested to work.

@rapiertg
rapiertg wrote:1. It doesnt work on ogre 1.7.3 in main repo, had to use same version from ogre-dev ppa (this is weird)
1.7.3-3 from 12.04 (Precise) is all kinds of broken, do not use. You can use 1.7.3-2 from 11.10 without problems and everything will work again. This is a known issue.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

BrotherBrick wrote: The only real 'issue' I have is that /usr/share/games/openmw/data is empty, I have to rm the data directory and make a symlink to the 'Data Files' directory under morrowind. Will this be handled in the launcher any time soon so that I do not need to do this? I know I can modify my openmw.cfg file, but can the launcher do that?
You shouldn't do that. Your configuration file should look like this:

Code: Select all

data="?mw?Data Files"
data="?global?data"
data="?local?data"
data-local="?user?data"
resources=/usr/share/games/openmw/resources
and this should work.