OpenMW 0.12.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.12.0

Post by Zini »

Well, I think it did when I posted those errors, but with the latest package it now looks like this:
Then there is something wrong with the package.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I know what the problem is, it is the damn pre_alpha that I did that was all kinds of broken. Ignore that please. :)

New ones are below:

I've tested the amd64 package (cleaning out old cfg files first) and it runs without errors. i386 build (32bit) has not been tested yet.

Real 'latest' alpha builds of 0.12 are:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/396161/openmw_0 ... a_i386.deb
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/396161/openmw_0 ... _amd64.deb
hircine

Post by hircine »

Tested the Windows Binary.

Had No Issues with Installer
Had to run Administrator mode to run openmw.exe

Settings don't save. Keeps defaulting back to 800x600 in windowed mode with opengl with using the launcher and from command line.

I have a really fast SSD(OCZ revodrive R:550mb/s W:450mb/s.) and with the 11.0 binaries the game loads nearly instantly. but with this one, it hangs for a good 20-30 seconds and the swirly aero icon pops up. (threatens to crash on me, which it does if I have admin mode not on)

I went into the earthly delights interior and ran all NPC animations. stable at about 38-40fps. which is pretty terrible. without animation its running at 250-300fps. (opengl, 800x600, no aa, default settings)

so at this point I can't get fps display AND go native resolution (1680x1050) or use DX and AA or anything fancy. its one or the other.

I did run it at full settings with AA and the works and it was pretty smooth, i'd imagine it was about the same FPS.

definitely need to improve on animations, especially if we want to throw the Sky, Terrain and Water at it at the same time.

I have a pretty beefy graphics card (EVGA GTX460 Factory SuperClocked)
and a first Generation i7-920 CPU.

I haven't come across any other issues yet. anything in particular that needs to be looked at?
corristo

Post by corristo »

Hi there,

finally built OpenMW on OS X. Got strange problem with Ogre 1.7.4: fullscreen doesn't work, ogre throws logic_error exception. Should I use 1.7.3 for release build?

Did a small configuration system testing, seems to work. Maybe I'll try to install wine & Morrowind on it to test finding installation path.

I'll test release build on non-developer mac today to ensure that it doesn't depend on any local libraries.

P.S. Is there any mac guys who wants to help in testing?
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

BrotherBrick wrote:i386 build (32bit) has not been tested yet.
Is there a way to satisfy the dependency of libbullet with this package without installing the ppa?
I have built bullet from source.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

Bug report with Windows 7 - 64 bits - GTX 550 Ti - 4 GB Ram

The launcher works but the Data Files is empty.
Spoiler: Show
The installer generate a openmw.cfg like this and the game doesn´t start. :
If I change the cfg to:
1 - The laucher doesn´t start, just a "stop working" warning.
2 - Starting with openmw.exe the game works.
rapiertg

Post by rapiertg »

Hi,

first post, but i regularry visit this forum.

Tested it on i386 Ubuntu Precise. Overally it works, just two notes:

1. It doesnt work on ogre 1.7.3 in main repo, had to use same version from ogre-dev ppa (this is weird)

2. Had to manually create /usr/share/games/openmw/Music/Explore dir or else it was crashing.

Cheers.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Had to run Administrator mode to run openmw.exe
That should not happen. Looks like we have another path problem on Windows.
finally built OpenMW on OS X. Got strange problem with Ogre 1.7.4: fullscreen doesn't work, ogre throws logic_error exception. Should I use 1.7.3 for release build?
No idea. I am sitll using 1.7.1 here, which works well enough.
The launcher works but the Data Files is empty.
That means the launcher can't find a valid data directory.
2. Had to manually create /usr/share/games/openmw/Music/Explore dir or else it was crashing.
Is that the most recent package? We had some mess up with the resources path earlier.
rapiertg

Post by rapiertg »

Zini wrote:
Is that the most recent package? We had some mess up with the resources path earlier.
Yes, from latest BrotherBrick post.

2 more things:

sometimes i get crash:

Code: Select all

openmw: /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/OgreMain/include/OgreAxisAlignedBox.h:252: void Ogre::AxisAlignedBox::setExtents(const Ogre::Vector3&, const Ogre::Vector3&): Assertion `(min.x <= max.x && min.y <= max.y && min.z <= max.z) && "The minimum corner of the box must be less than or equal to maximum corner"' failed.
Przerwane (core dumped)
Second thing is that i dont have polish locales (should they be or not?).
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yes, from latest BrotherBrick post.
No idea what is going wrong then.
sometimes i get crash:
We have one other person reporting this crash, but no one else can reproduce it. We would be very interested in making this reproducible or at least narrow it down somehow.
Second thing is that i dont have polish locales (should they be or not?).
Blast! I think we completely forgot about this one. There should probably be an option in the launcher. Something to fix in 0.13.0 or 0.14.0.

For now adding the following line to openmw.cfg should fix your problem:

encoding=win1250