How hard would it be for a beginning C++ Dev to get involved

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
infernalmachine

How hard would it be for a beginning C++ Dev to get involved

Post by infernalmachine »

I'm a Computer Science student currently in college, and I've been following OpenMW for a while. I'd love to get some more experience and especially on a project like OpenMW which I'm super passionate about. I haven't finished all of my classes yet, so my experience is currently somewhat limited. How hard would it be for someone like me to jump into the project? Are there relatively basic level bugs that someone at my level could start squashing?
DestinedToDie

Re: How hard would it be for a beginning C++ Dev to get invo

Post by DestinedToDie »

Most of the low fruit has probably already been picked on the engine side, but you might find some simple stuff to do in OpenMW-CS. I know that's where Atahualpa decided to start from. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4122
Jyby

Re: How hard would it be for a beginning C++ Dev to get invo

Post by Jyby »

You can also checkout older builds of the software and redo the bugs people have done then check how your solution stacks up. When you have enough confidence in your coding skills you can then work on real contributions.

Have you gotten a development environment setup and working? Are you able to modify and build code? That is accomplishment #1.