OpenMW 0.42.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
TechNoirMK

Re: OpenMW 0.42.0

Post by TechNoirMK »

Greendogo wrote:
TechNoirMK wrote:>0.42 isn't even released yet but 1/7 of 0.43 is done
wew
Not technically correct. Most issues get added during the months the release is being produced. In all likelihood another 60 or so "issues" will be added as they are found.
Even if they'll be added, they'll just shift into the next version eventually.
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

I don't understand Morrowind scripting enough to decipher this one:
Bug #3671: Incorrect local variable value after picking up bittercup
I'm not sure exactly about the fixes that were involved, but the problem was that selections made in message boxes were getting mixed up with those of the Bitter Cup artifact. When you activate the Bitter Cup when its an object out in the game world, a message box appears with a choice to either pick it up or leave it where it is. But the if you then had another message box with a choice of answers to pick, your answer then would apply to the Bitter Cup script again. The bug reporter explained how this would cause you to get a duplicate, because the script thought you had selected "Pick it up" again when you were actually answering a different message box.

Anyway I think the typical way you would probably see this in a game's patch notes is something like "Fixed problem with duplicate Bitter Cup artifacts appearing"
wareya

Post by wareya »

Yeah changelogs should have the change in user-visible behavior not the change in the code.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thanks Allofic, and yea exactly wareya. I know we are a volunteer project so I do my best to put in effort to fill in the gaps as best I can with our bug tracker, but if anyone is ever interested in learning how QA is done in the industry I would be happy to post a write-up...
mrkkrp

Post by mrkkrp »

The Bitter Cup thing is still broken: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3848

I have attached a video to that issue. The video is made with current master.
raevol

Post by raevol »

From what I can tell we have an outstanding issue with the Windows RC file paths on the wizard?
viewtopic.php?p=46840#p46840
(Or was this a user issue? No offense, I just did not follow the thread well...)

And a regression on a mod?
viewtopic.php?p=46835#p46835

Are these things we will be fixing for the release?
lysol

Post by lysol »

raevol wrote:From what I can tell we have an outstanding issue with the Windows RC file paths on the wizard?
viewtopic.php?p=46840#p46840
(Or was this a user issue? No offense, I just did not follow the thread well...)
User issue.

Source:
fuzzles wrote:That fixed it. That was one of the first things attempted, but I too forgot the quote marks
raevol

Post by raevol »

Alright, thanks. Anyone know anything about the regression?
fuzzles

Post by fuzzles »

lysol wrote:User issue.

Source:
fuzzles wrote:That fixed it. That was one of the first things attempted, but I too forgot the quote marks
To be fair, the installer did not do this correctly to begin with. I had to manually fix the config file before it worked and detected my data file directory. I doubt this would be a problem on a subsequent install, but it was the first time I've attempted to use OpenMW and the config was not correctly setup despite running the wizard multiple times.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

How are we looking on release? Within 14 days do you think?

Are we still holding off on release re: Atahualpa?