our last news post dates March 2016 (not counting release announcements). While I understand the argument that there is not much to showcase, I would prefer reintroducing somewhat regular news posts.
Here are my reasons:
- News posts show our visitors that our project is still in active development.
- Regular news posts are more likely to bind sporadic visitors because there is one thing more to look forward to.
- News posts are a great chance for us to summarise the progress made in the last x weeks.
- This way, we could also correct false reports about our engine (e.g., multiplayer status or the Android port) and give our opinion on current developments in the (Morrowind) community.
- News posts also allow us to reward (=mention) developers who implemented a certain feature or solved a decent amount of bugs which should increase motivation.
Our current news writer is Okulo. Let me quote him on this:
I must say that I disagree since there is an increasing interest in OpenMW and people like to hear the latest rumors. No activity is a killer in this regard. Anyway, it would be nice to hear Okulo's current opinion on that topic.Okulo wrote:I was just writing news posts between to show off what amazing shit OpenMW has done, but the project is so far along, it's mostly just bugfixing. There's nothing really fun to talk about. It's all bugfixing and stuff, which is important, but not interesting for the public to read about. All I need is something interesting for general consumption, and if you can provide it, I'm more than willing to write a very enthusiastic news post.
-- And what other opinions are there?