Verifying our YouTube channel

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Atahualpa

Verifying our YouTube channel

Post by Atahualpa »

This is more a topic for our team members.

I'd like to verify our YouTube channel in order to be able to create custom thumbnails for our OpenMW videos. Our channel's standings are good (no complaints and stuff) hence there shouldn't be any problems. The verifying process itself is really simple:

1. Send Google a phone number.
2. Let Google send you a verification code to this number.
3. Enter the verification code in the appropriate field in the channel settings -- et voilà -- channel verified.

I'd be willing to use my personal phone number for this and deposit it in our Outreach file. I hope it is clear that this number is not to be used for anything else.

Any objections? Did I miss something?
Ravenwing

Re: Verifying our YouTube channel

Post by Ravenwing »

You could always register for a Google Voice number so if it ever becomes a problem you can just unlink that number from your actual phone number. I know it's a private list but better safe than sorry :)
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

If I got that correct, Google Voice is limited to the U.S. and you need a U.S. phone number in order to use it. If there's any U.S. team member willing to do this, I wouldn't object to it. Also, I could deposit my phone number in our OpenMW e-mail account. (To be honest, I don't know whether the number is needed after a successful activation, but I can imagine that there are certain security queries asking for it.)
raevol

Post by raevol »

I think the easiest way to do this is to use Atahualpa's number, since he's doing most of our Youtubing. If the team decides that we should use a google voice number instead, I am in the US, just to throw that out there. But I am completely fine with using Atahualpa's number, he's an established member of the team and an established Youtuber in his own right.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

For the record: Since there were no objections, I've verified our YouTube channel using my phone number. Everything worked fine; I'll update our internal documents as soon as possible.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Nice! :)