The new release process

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
darkbasic

Re: The new release process

Post by darkbasic »

psi29a wrote:These kinds of things happen all the time, someone sees the tag and bam, there is a new release!
And you know what? They are right! Having a final tag means it's released, period. If it's still not released a sane versioning system should use RC tags, but I've already repeated this way too often, so I will stop :lol:
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

I'm reviving this thread because I don't think there has been a decision regarding the private forum. As far as I know, there are two options:

1. Create a new subforum which is only visible (and accessible) for certain users.

2. Use the old "Dark penguins of chaos squad" as the team members' group. A corresponding subforum already exists.

What option do you prefer? I have no preference but would like to have a place where to put the links for the upcoming FAQ videos.
raevol

Post by raevol »

A third option would be to just PM the links to people you want to review them. But I am down for whatever is agreed upon!
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

raevol wrote:A third option would be to just PM the links to people you want to review them. But I am down for whatever is agreed upon!
Yes, that would be an option too. But it is not really convenient for discussions or future referencing.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Atahualpa wrote:But it is not really convenient for discussions or future referencing.
Ah, very true. Who's our forum guru? psi29a?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

lgro
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

I've sent lgro a pm. Let's see what his opinion is.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
from my, forum-admin perspective I think good option would be to re-use existing "penguins" forum (to be clear I don't mind creating new one if you need, but in this case reuse would be better). Here I'm "executor" of your decisions, so I just need a clear message - "we reuse existing one" or "let's create new one" (with list of people who need access to it), and that's all - forum will be created, or list of people will have access to the old one :)
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Okay, to put an end to this discussion: lgro, would you please create a new private forum called "For Team Members Only". (I chose this because it is longer than a simple "Team".)

A (most likely incomplete) list of members who need access:
Spoiler: Show
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Done, forum created - people from the list (default + extended) were added to new group which have an access to forum (if Miroslav has the same nick as on bug tracker than he is already on list - if not then he needs to PM me) :)