OpenMW 0.41.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.41.0

Post by raevol »

Thank you much sjek!!
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

sjek wrote:windows RC3 didn't have any game breaking faults in animation save or general workings running an hour. combat ai fix has stopped attacking without los. chasing still happens as related to water creatures bug.
What is the water creatures bug? Do you mean https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2678?
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

Minor note: The "Disabled map markers show on minimap" bug was a regression according to scrawl in the comments there. https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3348
I updated the title, and this should probably be reflected in the changelog.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Allofich wrote:Minor note: The "Disabled map markers show on minimap" bug was a regression according to scrawl
Remind me, do we exclude regressions from the changelog?
sjek

Post by sjek »

What is the water creatures bug? Do you mean https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2678?
https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3646
to census and excise office and ercalla
"chargen class"->startcombat player

in openmw causes the ercalla to brush to attack player, opening the door or running towards player (while outside with tcl) while not casting spells anymore which the fix was about.

while in vanilla, ercalla (tested again) doesn't continue to chase (disengages from combat) if outside of the cell with tcl.
if hit first, ercalla (and guards, resisting arrest) continues to be in combat after tcl outside

so would say that same bug, canfight including the check for being outside from "accessible" area.
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

raevol wrote:Remind me, do we exclude regressions from the changelog?
I don't know if we do, but I don't think we should. Being a regression does not make it any less important. It's still a legitimate bug that has been plaguing OpenMW since 0.39 and people deserve to know it's now fixed.
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

so would say that same bug, canfight including the check for being outside from "accessible" area.
OK thanks. Yes, that is mentioned in that bug report and its known about. It isn't fixed for 0.41.0 but it's not expected to have been.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

MiroslavR wrote:
raevol wrote:Remind me, do we exclude regressions from the changelog?
I don't know if we do, but I don't think we should. Being a regression does not make it any less important. It's still a legitimate bug that has been plaguing OpenMW since 0.39 and people deserve to know it's now fixed.
If the regression was introduced in a previous release, then yes, include it in the changelog.

If the regression only popped up temporarily in development (e.g. regressed in git version, then fixed shortly after) there is no reason to include it in the release changelog, since players of the stable version were never exposed to the bug to begin with. Just act like it never happened ;)
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

scrawl wrote:If the regression only popped up temporarily in development (e.g. regressed in git version, then fixed shortly after) there is no reason to include it in the release changelog, since players of the stable version were never exposed to the bug to begin with. Just act like it never happened ;)
Well, yeah. Such bugs should never end up in the changelog, though, because we do not target them to a specific version on the tracker.
raevol

Post by raevol »

I'll keep it in then. Thanks!