OpenMW 0.40.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
lysol

Re: OpenMW 0.40.0

Post by lysol »

Zini wrote:Just a headsup: As soon as Aesylwinn has finished his work on configurable keyboard shortcuts for OpenMW-CS we are going into the RC phase (might still take a while). We have a decent amount of material now and this feature alone would already justify a release.
Yay! Then I won't have to encourage people to download a nightly instead of a stable version when I release my imperial pack. (version 0.39.0 has a bug with the parallax maps)
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Zini wrote:Just a headsup: As soon as Aesylwinn has finished his work on configurable keyboard shortcuts for OpenMW-CS we are going into the RC phase (might still take a while). We have a decent amount of material now and this feature alone would already justify a release.
Okay. My second to last test is on Monday. Afterwards, I'll be able to work on the videos.
Please note that I'm on vacation from August 12th to August 27th - but I should have finished the videos by then.
raevol

Post by raevol »

I'm back from Comic Con! Where do we stand on this release? Our project has been pretty quiet for a while, I suggest we get this release squared away and then have a roundtable for our plans for getting to 1.0.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Still waiting for one feature, before we can release. Mostly bug fixes, but also some more interesting stuff; primarily OpenMW-CS again.

And yeah, things are progressing a bit slower at the moment. With scrawl having to slow down because of health reasons and me having to take a break from actual coding for several month for (health-unrelated) RL-reasons this is unavoidable. Looking at the roadmap it is obvious that we aren't ready for 1.0.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:Still waiting for one feature, before we can release.
Are we waiting on a specific feature, or just on any feature to make it a release? Is there someone working on said feature?
Zini wrote:And yeah, things are progressing a bit slower at the moment. [...] Looking at the roadmap it is obvious that we aren't ready for 1.0.
This is why we should have a roundtable about this. I don't want to get offtopic though.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

raevol wrote:Are we waiting on a specific feature, or just on any feature to make it a release? Is there someone working on said feature?
I think Zini still means OpenMW-CS key and shortcuts configuration on which Aesylwinn is working on.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I think Zini still means OpenMW-CS key and shortcuts configuration on which Aesylwinn is working on.
Correct. Looks like he will finish it up soon.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Please review/add this for inclusion for 0.40 :)

https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/1006
Zini

Post by Zini »

The release branch has been created. Please start building the RC-packages.

Note: The changelog is not ready yet. This may be delayed by a day or two.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Two questions regarding fixed issues:

1. Are there any good (and easy to achieve) examples of a death triggering some unique text dialogue? (I tried guards but I don't think that this works.)
-> https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/1873

2. @lysol: Do you know of any particular texture from your texture pack to showcase our improved shader behaviour?
-> https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3440